icon

1997 jetta gt aftermarket speakers?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dirtybass 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged  
Okay im really new to this stuff guys so give me a break: Im in the process of replacing my stock "premium audio" speakers. ive already replaced my HU and i have a PX.3200D mono block amp powering two CVR 12's.
So i only have one set of RCA outputs left on my deck. The sound guy gave me these for that problem.
1997 jetta gt aftermarket speakers? - Last Post -- posted image.
as far as replacing the speakers i bought the pioneer D series package. In my car the factory wiring is ODD. Like it has 2- and 2+? Is that because its a 4ohm speaker? then why is there a tweeter hooked up to it in the rear deck. take a look yourself:
the front door speakers only had 1 plug in.
emnd the end the guy told me to use "speed wire" so i got 20ft of it. I dont know how to use it??? someone please help in my case.1997 jetta gt aftermarket speakers? - Last Post -- posted image.
dirtybass 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 7:05 AM / IP Logged  
BTW i bought a planet audio 4 channel for all of this.
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
Based on the colors of the speed wire, you would run this from your 4channel amp output to behind the headunit to tie back into the factory speaker wiring. Prevents you from having to go into the doors or running wire to each speaker separately.
Regarding your speaker wiring, do two of those wires just run to a separate tweeter? I am not familiar with that vehicle so I can't offer much else then speculation.
dirtybass 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your reply awdeclispe, so the speed is to be connected to my speaker wires behind my HU? That means that my head unit won't receive any wiring besides power , antenna , RCA and remote wire out ? Regarding the speakers... It seems they are linked . Like there's a tweeter in my front dash that runs off to my door speaker then to my rear deck speakers that end with a tweeter? Where does speed wire plug in to on the amp...
co_ne_dub 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
It would go to your 4 channel amp.
Dont worry about the blue wire since you already have a remote wire ran to the back.
It looks like they just tapped off of the woofer harness to get the signal for the tweeter. If you look on the back of the tweeter is there a small capacitor?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic