icon

hooking up 515esp to a viper 5701

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chrisxiv 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
I have a DEI 515esp backup Siren/Battey that I'm about to install in my 2000 Sierra..
http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/accessories/2515211_515ESP_Installation_Guide.pdf
One question I have is, Do I replace this siren with the existing siren? or do I need to wire them both in independently?
Now, The 515 has no ON/OFF Key port. It is only supposed to charge when the vehicle is disarmed and running, and then go off if any of the wires are tampered with.
The wiring connections are as follows(per the instructions):
Red - 12 volt(fused)   -->should this be connected directly to the 12volt source on the 5701 unit? or should I run this to it's own fused source?
Black- Ground     -->(ground) Once again, directly to the 5701 unit's ground? or it's own ground?
Orange- TX port on alarm   -->Hook this wire up to the orange ground when armed output of the 5701?
the 515 came with a 3 pin plug and play harness, but I don't see how that would work without additional programming via a bitwriter. I Just want to make sure this is how it's supposed to be wired up, before I start soldering in the connections.
There's never enough time to do it right first time, but there's always enough time to go back and do it again..
chrisxiv 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, since nobody replied, I went ahead and hooked it up on my own and everything seems to be working as it should. I just haven't charged it enough to test it yet.
Red- spliced in with the control unit 12v
orange- Used the 3 pin plug and plugged it into the bitwriter port. the orange is the middle pin, which is the only wire making contact.
Black- spliced in with the control unit ground
I left both sirens hooked up for now, but they both seem to be working simultaneously, even though they have different wires to trigger them. Anyone know if I can disconnect the original siren, or should I leave it hooked up, and possibly disable the confirmation chirps??
There's never enough time to do it right first time, but there's always enough time to go back and do it again..
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
You can go either route in that situation. The 515esp is designed to be a siren with a back-up battery built inside of it.
If you like the volume of having two sirens, turn the conformation chips off and call it a day otherwise you're okay to pull the other siren out.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic