icon

04 saturn vue idatalink programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
logieal 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2012 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
I have an 04 Vue with the v6 and am trying to get a remote start completed.
I am having difficulty getting the bypass to program properly. I am using an iDatalink ADS-ALSL-GM module and have followed the Section D Type 2 wiring diagram and programming instructions.
The remote starter system is a Crimestopper 2012 TW1 system without the datalink option. I wish it had it, but oh well. So it is standard wiring mode.
When I enter the programming mode on the bypass module (two green flashes after applying power for non datalink, then holding button to light solid) and follow the instructions for starting the vehicle and waiting for the green solid, it only ever stays solid red, never changing. If I turn off the ignition, the LED goes out. As soon as I turn the key to the run or start position, it lights red solid, and that's it.
I have quadruple checked my connections and varied sequences for programming with no luck. I used to install RS systems for a living and have hundreds of installs under my belt. The RS is installed properly, it's just the bypass module that's giving me fits. And it only seems that I only have problems with Saturns. I had an Ion a few years ago that nearly caused me to stop installing them all together. This is my wife's vehicle, otherwise I'd say forget it.
The only wire that I'm not 100% on from the instructions is the pink ignition input. I figured it needs to connect to the +12v from the ignition harness and that's where I've connected it, but the instruction diagram is rather vague about this. Just says Ignition Input. Other diagrams for different bypass setups show it connected elsewhere.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2012 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
first reset the unit and start over.to reset, press and hold the programming button and insert the power connector. When the led flashed red let go of the prog button and wait for it to light solid red. remove power connector.
programming
insert power connector/remaining connectors. press the prog button 2 times then HOLD to set it for hardwire mode.
open/close door and leave in the open position. turn the key into the on position count to 3, then start the car. i dont know if this car has the antigrind circuit built in or not, but you might have to hold it in the start position, a tad longer than you normally would. **LED goes green then remove key.
**if during start it does not go solid green, justpress the program button once then remove the key. attempt to remote start then it will learn the code upon start.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
logieal 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2012 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Ted, thanks, but I've reset it at least 2 dozen times. I'll try the additional steps of closing and opening the door each time and giving a 3 count in the 'on' position. I did the whole close/open door a couple times, but it didn't make a difference.
The Vue does not have anti-grind. I tried holding to the start position for 3 seconds as it says for a different programming method, and the starter just spins after it starts.
I did try hitting the button once while the vehicle was running, but the light remained red. I will try hitting the button and then trying a RS sequence. I will come back with results.
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2012 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
Step down a version in the software. Example if it has 4.0 go to 3.8 or 3.5 whatever it may be. When they revise software versions there sometimes incompatible with some vehicles. Solid red light means waiting for data from vehicle. Downgrade software you'll be good to go
logieal 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2012 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately no change with trying the different steps. When I tried hitting the button once during programming then shutting engine off and trying to remote start, the led lit up red indicating it wasn't programmed and the security light stayed on in the dash.
logieal 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
*Update*
Well I never did get the ADS-ALSL-GM bypass unit to recognize the Vue.
I ended up going with an older Passlock SL2 distributed by Crimestopper, made by Fortin, I believe. Plugged it in and it programmed immediately, like the good ol days. Shoulda gone with my gut and used it first.
One reason I didn't try it first is because it was labeled as a specifically Hummer H3 SL2 model, so I wasn't 100% that it would work. I've used the standard SL2 for years. Second reason is it would have been nice to have data door locks, but I'll just have to hardwire to BCM. No biggie, just two wires. Could be worse and be a reverse polarity with need for a relay pak.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
that's unfortunate the idatalink didn't work for you. i use fortin and idatalink only without problems.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic