icon

2009 dodge ram dball rsr

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kdramman 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2012 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
I have an early build 09 Ram that I'm trying to get remote start hooked up in.
My goal is to use the factory remote to start the truck.
I have a DBALL unit that was flashed with the recommended v4.04 software. The unit programmed ok in the truck. According to the literature, the Remote Start Ready function allows the unit to be used as a standalone installation. When I press the lock 3x, nothing happens. I checked the DBALL LED to see if it was responding to anything, which it wasn't. The diagnostics say that the bypass module did not receive the signal.
I've been using the CHTHD1 harness. Since it wasn't working, I spliced into the ignition plug to see if this would help, which it didn't.
Does anyone have any ideas as to why this isn't working?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2012 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
You still require a stand alone starter Unit to be installed into the vehicle.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kdramman 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2012 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thats exactly what I thought, but in the manual for the DBALL:
Remote Start Ready (RSR) is a function that enables the interface module to remote start the vehicle completely on its own. Consequently, there is no need for an aftermarket or an OEM remote starter in order to start the vehicle from a distance. An RSR solution is commonly referred to as a Standalone installation.
So I'm now wondering if anyone has ever gotten the "RSR" to work by itself without a stand alone starter unit?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2012 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
You need the xl202 with an optional remote kit. The xl202 is a data start meaning it will tell the dball to initiate a start sequence.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kdramman 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your reply tedmond.
I finally figured it out. I got the DB-ALL to work as a standalone unit.
I was looking at the DB-ALL LED when I was pressing the lock button expecting in to respond. I never pushed the lock button 3x within 3 seconds before, as I got sidetracked when I thought it wasn't responding.
I hooked it up one more time, went through the programming again, and actually pushed the lock 3x. To my surprise it started right up.
So for anyone that in interested in this setup, I'm pretty sure it works on 06-12 Rams, and many other Chrysler vehicles.
It requires the DB-ALL, the CHTHD1 (or CHTHD2 depending on year/make/model), and the XKLoader2 for flashing(or have it flashed by someone).
The DB-ALL gets flashed with the XKLoader2, then hooked up with the quick connect harness, programmed, and then it's ready to go.
The only option that is required is a menu option for RF output in the DB-ALL. This is automatically set when you use the XKLoader2 to flash the unit.
I bought my DB-ALL on electronicbay from a guy that flashed it for me. It came with the right options, but I had done a reset when I was messing with it, which reset the RF output option. This caused my unit to not work with the 3x LOCK OEM remote start.
I was able to change that option in the progam menu by pulsing the green lock wire which is pin 1 on the black 10 pin harness, while in the program mode.
To start the truck, I just push the Lock button 3x, and the truck starts. To stop the truck I push the lock button 3x again.
Most people will want to add a hood pin switch and a neutral safety switch.
I hope someone finds this helpful. I wanted to share the info since I spent about a month researching and trying to decipher and figure out DEI and Xpresskit's convoluted way of doing things.
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 10, 2012 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
This is correct. Directed now sells the db-all package as a stand alone remote start system for compatible vehicles.
Gary Sather
topspin 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2012 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
where can you buy CHTHD1?
kdramman 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
topspin wrote:
where can you buy CHTHD1?
I ordered mine from Amazon.
luniz7 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2013 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
kdramman wrote:
Thanks for your reply tedmond.
I finally figured it out. I got the DB-ALL to work as a standalone unit.
I was looking at the DB-ALL LED when I was pressing the lock button expecting in to respond. I never pushed the lock button 3x within 3 seconds before, as I got sidetracked when I thought it wasn't responding.
I hooked it up one more time, went through the programming again, and actually pushed the lock 3x. To my surprise it started right up.
So for anyone that in interested in this setup, I'm pretty sure it works on 06-12 Rams, and many other Chrysler vehicles.
It requires the DB-ALL, the CHTHD1 (or CHTHD2 depending on year/make/model), and the XKLoader2 for flashing(or have it flashed by someone).
The DB-ALL gets flashed with the XKLoader2, then hooked up with the quick connect harness, programmed, and then it's ready to go.
The only option that is required is a menu option for RF output in the DB-ALL. This is automatically set when you use the XKLoader2 to flash the unit.
I bought my DB-ALL on electronicbay from a guy that flashed it for me. It came with the right options, but I had done a reset when I was messing with it, which reset the RF output option. This caused my unit to not work with the 3x LOCK OEM remote start.
I was able to change that option in the progam menu by pulsing the green lock wire which is pin 1 on the black 10 pin harness, while in the program mode.
To start the truck, I just push the Lock button 3x, and the truck starts. To stop the truck I push the lock button 3x again.
Most people will want to add a hood pin switch and a neutral safety switch.
I hope someone finds this helpful. I wanted to share the info since I spent about a month researching and trying to decipher and figure out DEI and Xpresskit's convoluted way of doing things.
What exactly is pulsing the wire? Sorry, Im fairly new to wiring anything other than stereo equipment. I am trying to install the DB-ALL in my 2006 Dodge Ram and I also have the CHTHD2 T-Harness hooked up. I believe I need to change the RF output as well. Thats why I ask about the pulsing. Im just wanting to use the DB-ALL right now as a standalone remote starter. Can anyone give me some pointers on what I need to do? I have the XKLoader2 as well. I bought this kit thinking it would be a simple install for me. Also what would I have to change if I were to add a VSM200 smart start? Thanks for any help!
luniz7 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
Well I was able to change the rf output but there must be more that i have to hook up. Im guessing I have to do some wiring?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic