icon

retro head unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
moptop 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2012 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
I got a 64 impala. I want to install a new head unit but refuse to cut the dash to do so. I've installed Vintage Air unit(a/c and heat are under the dash), so I can't put it in the glove box.
Has anybody used USA 1, Retro Sound or any of type of hidden stereo? Looking for some feedback before spending 150-400 on something
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2012 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
I have used retro sounds twice in the past and both times they worked well and looked perfect in the vehicles so I couldn't complain and the customers like them.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2012 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  

i havent used retrosound, but here is something i have ued for a guy that wanted to keep his OEM radio but clean up and expand.

http://cgi./ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260969752846

it will play a sony unilink regular or  mp3 changer just fine.

im pretty sure it will accept adapters to turn the changer port into a multi-changer port and then an adapeter on top of that for aux in.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic