icon

avital 4113

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
red427r 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2012 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  

I need some assistance with the installation of an Avital 4113 in a 2000 Chevy Silverado using an Xpresskit DB-All. I didn't hook up horn wire, door locks or parking lights as i basically wanted a remote start, nothing more, hence the one button 4113. I contacted Avital....not much help there.  Programmed the DB-all  using a XKloader2 thought i was on track but can get no output to purple wire for start. Relays click 4 times but no start. Thanks . 

chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2012 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
Can you lay out what you have connected so far ? So we can have a better look at the wiring
Sounds like maybe you grounded the hood pin, have 12v on the brake wire or didn't connect the neutral safety wire to ground
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2012 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
Since you don't have the lights hooked up, you cannot get the shutdown diagnostics very easily. But try putting the fuse jumper in for + lights then throw a DMM on the white parking light wire and see how many times it shows 12v (mimicking the lights flashing). Then use that to look up your shutdown diagnostics.
And as chev said, check that your gray hood pin input wire is NOT grounding, and that your BLACK/ white neutral safety wire IS grounded (or the switch is turned to "ON"). Also, do you have the unit programmed for virtual tach or "true" tach... if "true" tach then did you program the tach signal?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2012 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  

The DB-All seems like a bit of over-kill for that application.  ( A DEI 555L would handle the Passlock2 for around $15.)

Anyway, the correct firmware is 401.GM5 v1.06.01.  Follow the Type 6 wiring diagram and go W2W with all the necessary

connections ( don't use the D2D harness ). 
Connect :  10 Pin Harness - GWR ( to 4113 Blue wire ), Ignition1 & Starter  ( might as well connect the Lock & Unlock )
   14 Pin Harness - +12V, Ground & OBD2 J1850 Data
   12 Pin Harness - RAP & both Passlock2 wires ( might as well connect the Tach & see if the 4113 will learn it. )

Follow the programming instructions on Page 15 for W2W and Type 6.

Here are some photos for Silverado wire location :

avital 4113 -- posted image.

The 4113 should come set for Flex Relay = Ignition2 & Positive Parking Lights.  Program the 4113 to Tach Mode ( Menu2, Item 1, Opt 4 ) and do a Tach Learn. 

Soldering is fun!
red427r 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2012 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  

I really appreciate the help. Still no joy after hooking dball wire to wire vice D2D. Wiring as follows: dball12 pin, BLACK/ whiteRAP tobcm purple plug tan wire; PURPLE / green& PURPLE / brown to small yellow wire from key sense. Dball 14 pin, red to 12v+ constant at 4113 heavy 6 pin,  black to chassis ground, purple / YELLOW to OBD purple. Dball 10 pin, blue/white to blue on 4 pin on 4113, violet to violet on 4 same 4 pin, pink to heavy pink on 4113 6 pin. Avital 4113 wiring: 9 pin, white to BCM lt. blue plug brown wire B6, light GREEN/ black to purple plug light green wire B3, black to chassis ground. 5 pin, brown to brake switch white, gray to hood pin switch( open when hood closed). Heavy gauge 6 pin, pink to pink, pink/white to brown, purple to 16 ga. yellow from start relay, orange to orange, red to red, 2nd red to red white. I tried grounding the wire for neutral switch also...no luck. the parking lights flash 4 times and the relays click but no voltage on purple wire.

kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2012 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
I see one error.  The DB-ALL Pin 10 Violet wire should go the 4113 thick Purple wire on the 6 Pin Plug.  The DB-All needs to see a (+) Starter signal.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: March 17, 2012 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  

Just a question on the 4113 Heavy Gauge harness wiring.

Heavy gauge 6 pin,

pink to pink,
pink/white to brown,
purple to 16 ga. yellow from start relay,   ???   Is this the Yellow Starter1 wire shown in picture of IGN Harness above?
orange to orange,
red to red,
2nd red to red white.

Soldering is fun!
red427r 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2012 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your help kreg.. to answer both replys, i will move the violet wire and yes i belive the wire is correct .
kreg357 
Posted: March 18, 2012 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  

Just noticed another wiring problem. 

The Avital 4113 heavy gauge Pink/White wire on the 6 Pin connector should be connected to the Silverado's White Ignition2 wire at the ignition harness, not he Brown ACC2 wire.  The Avital 4113 Pink/White wire default programming is Ignition2.  You will have transmission problems if you don't power this White wire as IGN2 wire during remote start. 

The Brown ACC2 wire can be power with an external 30/40 Amp SPDT relay controlled by the 4113's (-) Accessory Output if desired.   

Soldering is fun!
red427r 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
 i do not see a large gauge white wire under the dash. there is a 16 or 18 gauge wire that goes into the same connector  where the purple wire hooks to the yellow. i am beginning to wonder if i have a faulty 4113.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic