the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5301 on a 01 silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2012 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
If I remember correctly, the DB-All in D2D mode needs to have the Tach hardwired to work.  Try
connecting the DB-All Violet/White wire from the 10 Pin connector the the Vipers' Violet/White
wire at H2/9 and doing the program change and Tach Learn process.  Worth a try...
Soldering is fun!
lime4x4 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
I have a duramax diesel. Everything currently works right now. I hit the remote start button when the glow plug light goes out it cranks and starts. According to the instructions for the dball module the tach input isn't required if using d2d. I found the tach signal wire at the cluster. I'll try hooking up the viper to it and then change the option to use the tach wire signal. But according to the manual i don't have to change any options. Atleast that's the way i read it
To learn the tach signal:
1.      Start the vehicle with the key. Within 5 seconds, press and hold the Control button.
2.      After 3 seconds the status LED on your Control Center lights constant when the tach signal is learned.
3.      Release the Control button.
Note: When the tachometer is programmed, the main unit automatically enters the Tachometer engine
checking mode.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2012 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

Good info, thanks!  That is the way I'm reading it too.   The older Viper systems came defaulted to

Virtual Tach and you had to manually change them over in programming to Tach Mode.

If you are going behind the instrument cluster, here is the Wait To Start wire info

from Audiovox :

Wait To Start    Dark BLUE  (-)     INSTRUMENT CLUSTER PIN B3

DEI has this :

Wait to start    dk. blue (need to diode isolate see Tech Doc 1090) (-)         instrument cluster

Here is a link to a file that contains Tech Tip 1090 :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1076

Soldering is fun!
lime4x4 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2012 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
thanks
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic