icon

Planet audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2003 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
I just got this line in my shop and was wondering if anyone had anying to say about it. Good , Bad , Ugly? They seem to have a nice product and a really nice sub line up. Any input would be great! Brian
special137 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2003 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
I've used PA in my truck for a looong time and have had no problems except losing a grill on  5.25".  Their subs are great, amps are amazing and speaker lines are top notch.  Where is your shop cuz i have a hard time finding their stuff!!!!!!
QuinnX1 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2003 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
I second that. They make some of the best priced good quality amps out. Nice line. I will be setting my truck up with Planet Audio this summer.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2003 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

I have noticed that people either love or hate Planet Audio. Around here (Southern California) Planet Audio is mostly sold at swap meets. In my opinion it’s OK the SQ is not that great but it’s pretty reliable, and overall it’s a good upper entry level brand with an attractive price.

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2003 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with bberman...definitely not a bad product, something to get you started...just not high end and not really great for SQ...I have had more experience with their amps than any other of their products and would say they are a good amp...pretty solid performers...reliable as well...
brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2003 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
Well thanks for the info guys.   I have ordered some stuff for my truck. A 5.25 Neo componet set for up front,a 12 inch vetar sub(to be placed in a fiberglass box) and a P A TT 3400 amp to power everything. If these speakers perform have as good as they look I will be pleased! Thanks again,Brian    
P.S My shop is located in Shelby, North Carolina.
Sight & Sound car stereo 704-418-2938
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2003 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
When you get it all together let us know what you think
QuinnX1 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2003 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
Never heard of the Vetar subs (NEW?), but the Zetars proform well. Nice warrenty too. A guy hit 150 with 2 of them in his truck. I hope to run 4.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic