subaru legacy 2000 model viper alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
s3lkies 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2012 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
Hey all,
Having problems understanding the viper alarm wiring (I'm Australian and its all in "american lingo" like on the 3 pin theres for the door lock and unlock but on the 24 pin theres also door triggers - isn't that essentially the same thing? and whats Dome light etc etc ?
If anyone can dumb it down for me - or if you can help me with the wiring would be super grateful (:
Cheers
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2012 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
What Viper model are you working with?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
tony_g 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2012 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
3 pin connector is for wiring to lock/unlock doors or "central locking"  if your vehicle has this and door triggers are to detect if a door is being opened for triggering alarm if its an alarm or just used to enable getting into programming menu if its just a starter. dome light will supply voltage to use on a relay to turn on or off the interior lights when locking or unlocking, they are not too bad when you have done a couple of them, as for the lingo i know how you feel im an ex pat brit living in canada and it took a while to adjust to the different words and phrases for things out here that i had spent so long referring to differently lol. did you get an install manual with your model? if not it should be one thats available in the downloads section or if not possibly one that someone on here can upload to the collection for you to get.
s3lkies 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2012 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
Im using the viper 5704 ,
s3lkies 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2012 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah , I got the manual - but its still hard to understand :P - thanks for your help tony, Im sure ill be back for more ;) , ahkay - yeah im from England had to learn Australian way - now trying to learn the American haha
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2012 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
Door triggers are the door pins that bring on the dome light (=interior or courtesy lights).
Lock triggers are what trigger the locks, wait until you discover that you either need one relay, 1 wire open circuit or ground or 2 relays and an actuator if 99 spec or two relays if key less entry wired as 5 way.
I've got photos, right hand drive as well for mounting the actuator.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic