icon

viper 5704 alarm 1st alarm attempt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2012 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry Howie, i was asking if the OP followed your diagram. Which is correct. viper 5704 alarm  1st alarm attempt - Page 2 -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2012 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
Definitely not from his confused answer.
I love it when these newbies think everything is easy and why should they pay pros "to do a job they can do for themselves for nothing on a Sunday morning".
Yes that's an attempt at irony.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
BTW, no offence to
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2012 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
Start again, posted before I finishedviper 5704 alarm  1st alarm attempt - Page 2 -- posted image....
No offence meant to YOU,
I knew you understood, I misread your post.
wiseman118 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2012 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
Here are my results:
(The pushbutton switch in the glove) - there are 2 wires, a black wire and brown wire. Neither wires have power with the key in the off position. When the key is in the acc position, the brown wire has 12v power constantly applied to it. When the button is pushed, the black wire temporary applies 12v power to the switch.
Yes, 86 and 87 on the relay are connected and the relay is operating when the aux button is pressed on the remote
Here is how I have it hooked up:
1. 87 to 12v constant (from fuse block)
2. 86 to 12v constant (from fuse block)
3. 87a to blue wire (-) on factory harness (trunk)
4. 85 to H2/5 (RED / white) wire (on alarm)
With hookup that i have now, once the aux is button is pressed, 12v comes out of pin 30 On the relay.
Just a recap, so the dark blue wire on the alarm (h2/19) trunk trigger wire should not be used, correct?
Wiseman118
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2012 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
Can't you read?
Why 87a to blue wire in trunk?
The black wire at the switch.
Cut it and switch side to 87a, trunk side to 30.
Enough already.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2012 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
Maybe an explanation as to what the purpose of the relay is? Might as well
You are cutting the output wire of the factory switch, and sending 12v down the trunk motor side only. The switch may rest at ground, and could cause a short if the wire at the switch was not cut.
Again you are using the trunk/aux negative out from the viper brain (red white) to switch the relay. Pins 87, 87a and 30 are what will separate open the CUT trunk release wire at the switch and send 12v to the trunk release motor side only.
Let me reiterate for the last time before this thread goes downhill, and I am repeating what Howie has said several times. Forget about the trunk pin wire in this scenario. It has nothing to do with popping the trunk via the remote control.
Get this fixed THEN we can help you fix that issue if you wish.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
wiseman118 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2012 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Racer, my picture specifically SAYS CUT.
Also the word "tap" frightens me.
May be I should explain the picture for our OP:-
Go to your trunk release switch.
Find the wire that goes to 12v+ when you press it. It doesn't matter if it only works when the ignition is on.
Now cut that wire and take the switch end to 87a and the trunk end to 30 on your relay.
Via the aforementioned 1N4004 diode, band to 5704 RED / white from 5704 t0 85 of relay.
12v+ CONSTANT, i.e. always live via a 15 amp fuse to 86 and 87.
Ignore the 5704 blue wire, that's for trunk trigger, i.e. DETECTING when the trunk is opened if the vehicle is alarmed NOTHING to do with trunk release.
If this isn't understood or followed there's nought else I can say or do except think the word hopeless or the phrase "back away from your car and take it to a pro".
Howie,
I understand what you have told me thus far, but can you clarify what you mean when you say "trunk end" and "switch end". Does this refer to the factory black and brown wire that run directly to the switch (one being the trunk and the other being the switch)?
Last thing, so from the vehicle alarm wiring diagram from this site, it says the light blue wire from my harness is for trunk release (it is connected to 87a on relay). There is not a light blue wire that connects to the back of my trunk switch, so should I not worry about the light blue wire in the harness and just hook up the relay wires to the wires attached to the back of my switch?
Wiseman118
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2012 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
Yes at the switch you cut the black wire.
I would have assumed switch end and trunk end were self explanatory but
switch end = towards the switch, trunk end = towards the trunk or rear of vehicle.
If you're referring to the 5704 blue wire at H2/19 yet once more?
This is the ALARM trigger feed from the trunklight (trunk switch to light absolutely nothing to do with trunk release. Look at my last diagram, it shows you ecverything.
wiseman118 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2012 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, thanks I believe I got it. I see what I have done wrong. I did not cut the trunk wire, I just spliced / tapped into it. I also need to remove the wire tap that i have on 87a from the light blue wire (trunk release) on the car harness (per 12v.com wiring sheet) and connect 87a directly to the trunk switch per your attached diagram. (This is where I guess I went wrong with following the 12v.com wiring vehicle diagram)
I will correct it when i get home this afternoon.
P.s. only reason I asked about the h2/19 was just be sure. Sorry for being redundant. Thanks for everyone's help and patience
Wiseman118
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic