icon

python 1500esp not starting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rdukw 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2012 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the replies. I don't have a hood trigger set up on this truck. I also isolated the alarm to a separate battery with no luck. I am wondering if the brain is bad.
Thanks
Ryan
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2012 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
disconnect the starter wire completely from the alarm and try to remote start it, does it still shut the ignition off? did you wire all of the 12v inputs to the same 12v constant in the hummer because if you did then its possible that the starter is drawing too much current from a single source.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2012 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
X2 with soundnsecurity PLUS did you check the voltage at the unit?
I'm still thinking poor ground.
rdukw 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2012 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
Ok i disconnected the starter relay and hit the remote start. The wait to start light, ignition and accessory would come on then the wait to start light would go off and everything else would follow. The only thing different it did was after a few seconds it would go through the cycle two more times. When the starter is connected it only cycles once
Thanks
Ryan
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2012 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
ok so something is cancelling the remote start sequence. if you disconnected the starter and it shut off and retried 2 more times that means the alarm sensed that it wasnt running and tried to crank again. the fact that it does not do this with the starter wire hooked up tells me that something is physically shutting off the remote start. possibly the vibrations from cranking are shaking a connection loose or maybe even activating the brake switch long enough or maybe the hoodpin wire is touching ground momentarily, anything is possible so just check everything and make sure all connections are tight and insulated.
hook the starter wire back up and try unhooking the brake wire just to eliminate everything that can manually stop the remote start. also make sure the neutral safety wire is tightly connected to ground or if you are hooked up to an actual neutral safety wire then make sure the shifter doesnt jump around while cranking because this could cause the neutral safety switch to lose ground thus cancelling the remote start.
rdukw 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2012 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
I tried disconnecting the brake light feed and bypassing the neutral safety and the remote start still just engages the starter then shuts down all relays. I am not running a hood switch so it cant be that. I don't think it is any of the safeties as the starter would not even try with any of them activated .
Thank you
Ryan
soundnsecurity 
Posted: July 07, 2012 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
are you using the starterkill relay? if so then how do you have this wired in relation to the starter output from the alarm?
rdukw 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2012 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
Yes i do have a starter kill relay. It is wired in between the starter wires. The remote start trigger is on the starter side of the relay. Also when the starter quits the Accessories and ignition quit to.
Thanks
Ryan
soundnsecurity 
Posted: July 08, 2012 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
somehow something is backfeeding when your alarm sends a start signal and this backfeed is activating a shutdown trigger internally on the alarm. its the only thing i can come up with and what made me ask about the starter kill was because on my old viper 791, which is almost the same as yours, when i would remotestart it and turn the key too much the   antigrind circuit would backfeed power through the alarm and the "brake" light would turn on in my instrument cluster.
it didnt make sense to me either but seeing is believing. and since we have systematically eliminated all normal possibilities now its time to start thinking about other stuff. try unhooking the starterkill but leave the starter output hooked up and see what you get.
another thought, what are you doing with the WHITE/ blue wire?
rdukw 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2012 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i pulled the starter kill relay and it did the same thing again. f your talking about the blue and white wire for connecting to a button in the car to activate the remote start i did not connect that to anything. Thanks for all your guys help so far.
Ryan
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic