icon

viper 5704 remote start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ahaulss 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2012 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  

hello im installing the viper 5704 in my 99 ford f-350, but i have a couple issues.... the biggest problem is that the remote start wont function, when triggered the remote indicates that there is an error and the parking lights flash 7 times. "7 flashes- manual transmission mode is enabled and not initialized" however the truck is automatic and i have no idea how to switch it over to automatic mode.. ive tried pressing the control button on the antenna like the manual says but it doesnt swich menus.

Problem #2 is that when i arm the alarm the remote indicates that a door is open and sometimes the alarm goes off? idk why this happens, my only guess is that the alarm thinks the door is open bc the door lights take a couple seconds to turn off after closing the door?

any help would be great thanks! feel free to ask for more info....

383 boosted camaro
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2012 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  
Look in the install guide for programming it explains it.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 23, 2012 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
Programming pretty much any brand of car alarm is often confusing, with an unclear manual, and usually requires some patience and multiple attempts--- just try going through that menu as carefully as possible without skipping over any steps, and it should eventually work.
Also, DEI systems have a stupid (in my opinion) requirement that you open the door before programming. If your door trigger isn't working or is hooked up incorrectly, you'll never get into the menu to change anything else.
Where did you get door trigger, and what wire from the Viper did you connect to it?
Also, if you're using the delayed domelight for the door trigger, there is a menu setting "door error warning off/on" or something like that.... you want to turn that off so the delayed lighting won't incorrectly notify you that there's an open door.
Also, you said the alarm falses sometimes. Next time that happens, you'll want to check which "zone" was triggered. Two ways to do this:
1: (most accurate) Before turning on the ignition, count the flashes on the LED and refer to the owner's manual.
2: (more prone to mistakes, but should still work) When the alarm is going off, look at the 2-way remote and see if it shows a door, or hood, or whatever else.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2012 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
X 2 with Chris, especially patience!
Will someone please bring back the original Cliffords?
Never needed to think through their programming, it always worked first time as did their trunk release, instantly not a 1.5 - 3 second delay.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2012 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
With that generation of Ford's it's imperative to take the feeds from the door triggers, NOT the domelight switched lead, on English Focuses (Foci?) of that vintage the dome delay was a minute; plus on this site look for DEI tech. tip 1076 refers to the BCU* going into sleep mode. This will cause the alarm to trigger every 30 minutes or so.
* Body Control Unit A.K.A. Body Control Module or multifunction unit.
ahaulss 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2012 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
thanks , i tried reading the manual and i found this "< size=1 face=Futura-Light>< size=1 face=Futura-Light>When using the Bitwriter, it is possible to configure any and all of the programmable functions as well as lock the Remote Control and System Features Learn Routines so that unauthorized users cannot change the configuration or program remote controls to the unit." it this saying that the alarm is LOCKED and wont let me change menus without the BITWRITTER? if so would a local install shop have this? or should i just try to bypass leaving it in the manual mode?
383 boosted camaro
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2012 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
If the unit was new it would not have been locked.
Make sure the green (-) door trigger wire is grounded.
You really don't need a Bitwriter.
Reread the first paragraph of Chris's post and apply it
ahaulss 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2012 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  

Chris, i connected the green door triger and the yellow/black domelight to a BLACK/ blue wire which rests at ground and when a door is open the wire gets power, and remains with power for about 25seconds after the door is closed.

and as for the Manual transmission mode i still havent been able to switch it over to Automatic ..... maybe after the door problem is resolved it will allow me to enter the 3rd menu?

383 boosted camaro
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2012 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  

Can you list the steps you are taking to access the menus in the order you are doing them?

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
ahaulss 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2012 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  

1-turn the key on and off hold down the control button on antenna.... but this does nothing. (this is what manual says to follow)

2- i hold down the function button on remote and after 8sec it allows me but into the 1st menu only, menu 3 is where the Manual transmission mode is located.

here are the remote start wires:

pink-ign 1= power with key on and through crank

RED / white-fused (30A)ign 2/flex relay input 87= power when key on but ground during crank

orange-accessory output=none

violet-starter output= starter side of wire

green-starter input=key side of wire

red-fused (30A) ign 1 input=power with key on but ground during crank

pink/white- ign2/flex relay output=none

pink/blk-flex relay input 87a=none

RED / blk-fused (30a)accessory/starter input= power with key on but ground during crank

383 boosted camaro
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic