the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

02 Pontiac Grand Prix, Viper 5704

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,790
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2013 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
It lives!!!!!   02 Pontiac Grand Prix, Viper 5704 - Page 14 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2013 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Still not our record yet, Kregg. 02 Pontiac Grand Prix, Viper 5704 - Page 14 -- posted image.
alexp1289 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2013 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
Okay I'm trying to think of some reasons why the car will only go into the on position with the Viper and I'm trying to figure out why it won't try to turn over could it be because I haven't programmed it yet or is it because I have something with the ignition wires hooked up wrong? I can hear the fuel pump and the headlights turn on and so that must mean I'm pretty close. Obviously I'm going to check the ignition wires but what else should I check that you guys can think of?
alexp1289 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2013 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
Okay I look at the ignition harness a little bit and I have a question for you guys. I was looking at my remote start wiring instructions you gave me for wiring the heavy gauge wires it says that H3/2 and h3/6 need to go to the red wire on the Grand Prix but I have H3/2 going to red which is a 12 volt constant source h3/6 is going to the RED / white wire on my Grand Prix. Is that going to cause my issue or is that okay because they're both 12 volt constant wires. H3/2 & h3/6 are both 12 volt constant inputs right?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2013 at 4:19 AM / IP Logged  
TEST
alexp1289 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2013 at 4:26 AM / IP Logged  
I know they're both 12 volt constant inputs but I just wanted to have one of you guys confirm what I'm thinking just to double check.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2013 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
H1/1, H3/2, H3/6 and H3/9 should all go to +12V constant ( plus the XK05 Red if going W2W ). While I can't remember exactly
on a 2002 G.P., it is common for GM to use two Red's or one Red and one RED / White at the ignition harness during that time
frame. As Howard says, test. I actually test at least twice during the install ( first time to locate / verify and a second time
just prior to soldering ) to ensure all wires are connected to the correct vehicle wires.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2013 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  
Just wondering how our friend would cope with a Noble GT car I did yesterday.
Built in South Africa using a a South African made Conlog* Cat 1 alarm.
It took me longer to test and verify the original alarm wires, all Cat l alarms use black for power and grounds and cuts.
Unlike some where you trace those blacks to the cuts, the whole loom was prepared that way.
Think about removing and temporarily restoring ignition and start before installing the 5704!
Hence the importance of test and verification.
The hardest part for me was getting in and out of the driver's Corbeau chair to test MTS reservation and turbo timer (Ford 3.0 Durotorque with 2 X turbos).
*Viper equivalent for Africa.
kreg357 
Posted: June 06, 2013 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like a cramped work area. Glad it was your spine, not mine.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2013 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
Most in the toeboard, the cramped area was getting in and out of the driver's chair.
Other sillies like both sides of the brake switch being RED / black.
Also using their own South African sourced loom, nothing like the Ford wiring (change every 3 years, one wire colour for multiple functions etc) we've got to know and love.
Page of 17

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic