the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 Ford Edge Remote Start Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2012 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  

I hope I can get this posted correctly.  Install for a 2012 Ford Edge, Clifford 20.7 R/S, With a DB-ALL flashed with 401.Ford6 V0.08. Now alarm and No Push To Start. Needed to remove most of the plastic dash panels to get at the ignition switch. Decided it was that was easier than trying to reach up to the switch from underneath.  There is NOT much slack on any of these wiring harness.  DB-ALL was connected Wire 2 Wire. Programed on the first try.

Knee Panel. Two bolts and then pull. Five clips holdong it. Air tube and electrical plug to be removed after panel is off.

2012 Ford Edge Remote Start Pictorial -- posted image.

Three bolts on bottom of steering cover.

This rectangle piece, just below the ignition switch is attached to the center counsel. Don't bother to remove it. Work on removing the silver trim piece on the left hand side of the radio. Five clips hold that piece on. Two on the bottom and three on the front, Pull up on the bottom first and then pull away on the front. The trim piece around the ignition is held on by four clips. Just gently pull away. As well as the same shaped piece on the other side of the steering wheel.  These did not let go easy, so it took some pulling.

Two bolts, one on each side of the steering wheel, hold the upper steering cover and the lower part of the instrument cluster. Need to remove it to get at the three bolts that hold the ignition switch.

Ignition switch out.  Pats wires on the top.  Starter, Accessory, Ect, Ect on the bottom. All wires are smaller gauge that the heavy gauge H3 Harness.  Keysense is also in this. The three copper colored imbedded nuts are for the bolts that hold the ignition switch.

Wires Connected.

I pulled the drivers side weather strip back to run the antenna wire up to the headlined/windsheild area. Over the top of the A pillar moulding. Wanted to avoid the side airbag system. Plenty of room to get it in there.

The lock and unlock wires can be found in the drivers kick panel. They are the smallest gauge wires of the color markings in there. Mostly on the right hand side, buried in the back of the large bundle in the DKP. There are several yellow/purple and a couple of blue/green. Look for the smallest gauge ones. Tried most of them until I dug deep and foung the two in the back of the bundle almost together.

This is the wire listed as Dome light is that same bundle in the DKP.

The parking lights are at the BCM in a 10 pin Gray plug. Easy to get at,  pull down to connect a wire to and plug it back in.  Horn wire is in a 26 pin plug on the right side and back of steering wheel.  I forgot to take photos of those two wires.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2012 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

Nice job and great photo's!. 

It's good hear that the DB-ALL is getting better.  2012 Ford Edge Remote Start Pictorial -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2012 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Nice writeup! Thanks!
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2013 at 4:01 AM / IP Logged  
Nice work smokeman.
Good tip about finding the wires in the big harness below the BCM... I had used the wires directly at the BCM connectors, it was not fun reaching up and working with short length wire in a really tight space.
Hope you don't mind me adding a picture of the rear defroster wire, it may be helpful for someone reading this later on.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
Mind? Not at all. Thank You for your comments and the picture.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  

More input from afar ( Howie II is alive and well  2012 Ford Edge Remote Start Pictorial -- posted image.   )...

Hi some comments on Smokeman's good work on that pictorial.

From what I've discovered from late model UK Fords, all Fords with "Euro Style" wiring, i.e. thin wiring at the ignition
switch, DB-ALL is fine and stable if set up as W2W. Don't use it as D2D, you'll lose lock unlock etc.

Soldering is fun!
rivercityford 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2013 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  

Ignition switch wiring can also be found at the BCM. (+)12v can also be found in the vertical harness in the drivers kick panel. Look for a 16(?) gauge red wire.

Stuart Schwartz
Mid-Town Ford
100-1700 Waverley St
Winnipeg, MB R3T 5V7
204 806 7106
"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2014 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
As info I didn't have to remove side trim piece or ignition switch. I was able to reach up and unplug both and had just enough slack to do all my splicing and then plug them back in
lindasboy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2014 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
Your attention to detail was most helpful. I have a 2013 Ford Edge Limited. I am going to install the AK-105A Keyless Entry and Push Start. Using your instructions for your 2012 Ford Edge, I have a very good understanding of the project now. Thanks for the excellent work.
Billy
lindasboy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2014 at 7:05 AM / IP Logged  
I am using your detailed example of your 2012 Ford Edge as a model for my 2013 Ford Edge. I purchased The Ford Electrical Manual but I am overwhelmed with the complexity of it. What manual did you use to find the location of the specific wiring bundles and connectors. My manual has every and all options possible.
Billy
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic