icon

stinger 1.2f cap, 2 sstream 1600 wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
johngwin15 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2012 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  
Okay guys needing some help here. Ive been into car stereos for 10+years & i do all of my own installs /my friends installs. So im pretty decent at all this. Okay my set is jvc headunit(el kameleon kd-avx77), all Stinger 0 gauge power & grounds, stinger 18gauge remote wire, stinger 1.2 fard hybrid cap( it has a negative bolt, a bolt for the direct feed from battery & another + for it to connect to the amplifier), 2 Rockford Fosgate T2 dvc 2ohm, stinger 10gauge speaker wire on the subs( 1 sub to 1 amp & the 2nd sub to the 2nd amp) main amp haste rcas from head unit to the input rcas on the amp& then a 3foot set of stinger 8000 series rca's on the output rca's to the input rca's on the 2nd amp,. Each amp has its own ground, the capacitor also has its own ground! I ran 2 remote wires from my headunit back to the amps(1each obviously). Oh and o have a power mustards 220amp alt. My main power wire coming from the front of my car has a 1 0gauge in& 2 0gauges output distribution block on the end of it where it first enters the trunk. the one output goes up to the 1st + bolt on the capacitor, the 2nd output on the distribution block is empty now until i figure this out. I don't necessarily need the capacitor in this set up but it has the digital faceplate that tells me the amps my electrical system has at that second & what not, so 3 bolts!!
This is where im stumped at. Okay so starting at my distribution block, do i run the 2nd output wire on the distribution block to the 2nd amplifier? Or do i need to run the power wire from the 2nd amp up to the capacitor & connect it to the same bolt that 1st amplifier is bolted onto??
I sorry im not explaining rhis more clearly.
My distribution block has the 1 input(the main power from the batt.) & it has 2 outputs.
I just got the 2nd amp, the first is already in and working.
Starting at the distribution block, the 1st output on the d block goes to the 1st positve on the capacitor. The other + bolt on the capacitor has a power wire that runs to the 1st amplifier.
Do i add a 2nd wire onto the same bolt that has the wire connecting the cap to the 1st amp??? Or do i install a wire into the 2nd amp and run that to the block??
I dont want both amps to be equal in every way. They are the same exact amps same power rating and all of that. All the wires are 0 gauge. I even ran 0 gauge out of the distribution block to the cap & from the cap to the 1st amp... So i think i in order to use the cap in this setup that i need to connect a 2nd wire onto the same +(positive) bolt that has the wire going from cap to amplifier #1!!!! Am i correct???
Talking about the 2nd amplifier still! "OR" Do i need to run a power wire from the distribution block directly to the 2nd amp??
So the 2nd power wire!! Run the power wire from the capacitor OR run the + wire from the distribution block to the amplifier ???
Im sorry this message is all over the place and very confusing..
SStream1600s
z03mz03m 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2012 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  

stinger 1.2f cap, 2 sstream 1600 wiring - Last Post -- posted image.

Any questions?

Dodge Magnum in progress:
Pioneer DEH-80PRS - PPI Amps - Dayton Subwoofer(s) - Exodus Anarchy's - Vifa Tweeters - Kinetik Battery
johngwin15 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2012 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
I got it, thank u. The part that i was 2nd guessing myself is the top of the cap. The layout in your diagram made it simpler. The stinger cap installed. It stands straght up. When in the car and u turn around in your seat so that ur facing the trunk, the cap is mounted on the right hand side of the box, only because it has to stand up to be read correctly. But anyways looking at the cap from where i was saying, the ground bolt is on the left side of cap, then to the right of the - is the 1st +, this is the positve that needs to be from the battery. Then while your still at the battery + , look directly behind that positive and theres + number 2. All of my amps have to be mounted on the opposite side of my car cause of the old custom setup i had installed professionally. Im working with the space provided so that i can keep the box and amp racks that were built into the intact to use them. But thank u for the diagram its what i needed thank u
SStream1600s
z03mz03m 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2012 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
Your welcome stinger 1.2f cap, 2 sstream 1600 wiring - Last Post -- posted image.
Pioneer DEH-80PRS - PPI Amps - Dayton Subwoofer(s) - Exodus Anarchy's - Vifa Tweeters - Kinetik Battery
johngwin15 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2012 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
I finally got the chance to get it all put in today. It took a while since i bought all new wiring, head unit and i added a crossover and i decided to go a bit bigger and more fun. But the stuff u told me went to good use and it sounds good if i may say so myself. Thanks again
SStream1600s
z03mz03m 
Posted: November 10, 2012 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  
Glad to hear it!
Any chance of a picture or two?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic