icon

starter button not kit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jayuk 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
Hello I'v searched the forum but cant find what I need.
Currently I have broken Ignition barrel (anything turns it) What I have done is installed a RFID reader so to start I turn Ignition to number 2 swipe the card then start the engine. I have used 2 relays hooked up to the RFID so when I turn on Ignition it lets the relays see the +12 the RFID acts as a momentary switch which then lets the other Relay connect the Startr. Once engine is off the relay self resets. All that is great works no problem.
Now I want to remove the Ignition barrel out of the equaion all together. I have purchaced 2 buttons one is momentary the other is latching. Latching is to turn on Ignition Momentary is for engine crank. Whats the best way to keep it safe and simple so all this works together, Also to note that my vehicle does not have ACC as a seperate system ACC comes on with Ignition 2(position 1 in ignition barrel does nothing)
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
What's the problem?
Use your buttons to run relays which are series wired for safety.
What vehicle is this? Make model and year.
jayuk 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2012 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
its a 2004 Iveco Daily (ex Royal Mail spec) Iveco's dont really come with a technical diagram, everything is trail and error as its made by fiat.
My problem is Im good at following diagrams (how I managed the passive starter interupt) I do have a good grasp but lack confidence in deciding how to wire up the relays. Both switches are lit I only want the start button active once the ignition is on. (im assuming here but to cut the engine out I press the ignition button (latching) off?
Jay
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2012 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
You will need at least 4 standard Bosch/Tycho cube relays, use 5 pin as these are readily available, Halfords (sorry), Maplin, auto accessory shops.
Follow this diagram exactly:- FFE_replace_ignition.bmp
Test for ignition 1, this should stay live whilst starting.
Relay 1 powers this, starter will only operate when relay 1 is engaged so you can't activate the starter through your momentary switch unless ignition 1 is engaged.
Relay 4 controls, 2nd ignition, ACC etc.outputting from relay 3. Circuits which aren't needed during engine start, thus reducing the battery load. Relay 4 "dumps" the power to relay 3 during start.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2012 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, turn off the latched switch to shut down the engine.
jayuk 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll[/QUOTE wrote:
Thank
Thank you so much thats brillient!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic