icon

Which size subwoofer?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sssssss27 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2003 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
I would really like to try and get these W0s but I think the cost is going to end up being too much. Does anybody know some good alternatives? I need to try and keep it low wattage because it will be hooked into the stock electrical system and will need to be good at reproducing hard rock. Also, how many watts do you think is the most you can run on a stock electrical system? I want to try and stay under $200. If need be I'll build the box myself and the stuff doesn't have to be brand new but at least sound close to it.Thanks for all the great help.
2001rolla 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2003 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  

Why are you wiring it to the stock electrical wiring? Run seperate power and ground wires in the size required by the amps manufacturer. If you try to wire an amp running two subs to the wire harness for the car, you are gonna run into trouble later down the road if not right away.

I have one amp in my car running my entire system. I ran an 8 guage power with inline fuse and 8 guage ground and the amp thanks me for it with good clean sound at high volumes. Run seperate power with inline fuse and ground and you won't be sorry you did.

As for subs... I'm an Alpine Fan so will automatically suggest the Alpine SWR-1041D Type R subs just cuz they rock and can be found for as low as 200 for a pair of tens if you know where to look. Other good subs for the price are Kicker Comp VR's, JL W0's and the Infinity Kappa subs.

Subs to stay away from (Experienced first hand)... Kenwood, Sony and Pioneer... I've also been told that Visonik and polk subs are not all that great either...

But my money will always go to Alpine...

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic