icon

ultimate headlight circuits

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2013 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
I don't disagree. In fact it was illegal here to have fogs on with headlights.
However it now seems commonplace to have "fogs" on with main beam(s). I suspect because modern "fogs" are not really fogs (wide & very low beams) but are clearance or DRLs etc.
FYI - When rally driving I used highbeams (spots) in fog, but that was when competing way faster than visibility (and selecting which "gap" to drive thru before knowing if that was the road).
But that mode is incompatible with public driving (and it's illegal to use high beams into oncoming traffic etc).   
Hence if foggy - true low mounted spread lighting is required and no main beams or other bright lights.
linmon 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2013 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
For real? Yup, I just pinched myself.. I managed to figure out a viable switch sequence that will work and offers priority over driving lamp and fogs separately and simultaneously depending on switch sequence. Yes I agree that most lights made these days are made to appeal the cool look and less on functional value. This is why I have modified my PIAA light with heavier gauge Eire as I tested by hooking up to a battery without charge circuit present and there was a very noticble difference of brightness to the in modified light. I decided to run the 8 AWG wire to the lights and will complete this when I return from Vacation. I still like my cibie airport 35 series Driving lamps and look forward to having them mounted. I know it's old school but they do work well. A lot of the lights made these days just shoot a lot of glare with xenon bulbs that have great claims of power,,, gee who they trying to fool?   There is no way to get 130 watts equivelant power from a 55 W xenon bulb!, seriously... All they did was change the linemen colour.   Pure power with pure power is the only way. Btw. When I used to turn my lights on my mustang... The alternator laboured a bit.. Now that's working it baby!
Thanks for your interest
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic