icon

python 5706p starter challenge

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
randyhub 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2013 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  

Hello, so I removed a rather troublesome Carvox system from my 2007 Toyota FJ installed a new Python 5706P alarm/starter system  with soldered connections and while the locks, alarm works fine the remote starter does not. Afer finally programming it for an auto transmission, fixing the neutral safety switch it does not start??

The 2 way remote shows the remote start icon, 12 mins come up, but it does not crank just says an remote starter error after a minute with no flashes but lots of clicking? I did hook up the tach sensor wire as well.

Any ideas what I missed or is there list of the required wires other than the wiring schematic?

Thanks

Randy

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2013 at 3:21 AM / IP Logged  
Show us what you wired and to where, Python and Toyota colours see the post above, wire charts or something similar.
I'm not psychic but I'll go psychotic if you expect us to guess what you've done.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2013 at 5:52 AM / IP Logged  
What did you use for a bypass?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
randyhub 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2013 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks I will review my notes guess you guys are right wiring depiction would certainly help. I did not use a bypass with the old Carvox or the Python as the early 2007s had a key without the chip as I can just use any key blank to start it unlike my wifes new RAV4 which shows an key icon in the dash.

Thanks again was just wondering if it was something simple as I replaced wire for wire from the Carvox harness to the Viper harness expecting this would have been everything my bad.

Randy

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 28, 2013 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
Like the others said, best to post what you connected where, but I could guess that maybe you got the Python's onboard starter kill wires backwards? You should have green to key side, purple to car side. If you get that backwards it might not crank.
Also try this:
1: Start engine with key, keep foot off brake.
2: Activate remote starter's "pit-stop" mode, by pressing remote start button
3: Parking lights should flash on and off, then come back on steady.
4: Turn off and remove key.
5: Report here if engine stayed running, and if climate controls, radio worked, and if any warning lights on dash.
6: Step on brake, make sure remote starter shuts off.
felixdkat 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2013 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
lots of clicking?????
is the battery fully charged?
ie- is it starting manually?
:->
randyhub 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2013 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

Hi guys I was really tired when I posted originally.my apologies for coming off sounding like weenie.python 5706p starter challenge -- posted image. 

So clicking is the relays within the brain as the car does not even turn over not the vehicle starter system.

I would like to just go over a few things.

1. The alarm works great.

2. Door locks work fine.

3. Domelight is fine.

4. Door trigger is fine.

5. Sensor, led, remote work fine.

6. When you press the start button icon displays on remote, 12 mins shows, lights flash, series of clicks but no turning over, remote after around 30 secs display starter error.

7. I did not trace the wiring back to the Toyota FJs harness I just replaced wire for wire from the 2 different harnesses, for the record the Carvox was installed by a licensed shop.

Carvox 3300/X6-A Wiring Python 5706P

2 X 3P White H1     

1 – BLACK/ Ground          Main Harness 6 pin H1/2 Black Ground
     4 - Pink/Ign # 1 10 Pin Heavy H3/1 Pink + Ign 1
     2 - ORANGE / Acc             10 Pin Heavy H3/3  (+) Accessory Output
     5 –  RED / 12 volt constant         Main Harness 6 pin H1/1 12 volt constant 
     3 – PURPLE / Start 10 Pin Heavy H3/4 + side starter output (not sure about this wire) maybe on   the key side????
     6 – Pink/Ign #2 10 Pin Heavy H3/7 Pink/White + Ign 2

2 X 3P White H2

1 – WHITE/ Black + - Lock Output   1 - 3 Pin Connector Blue Unlock output
     4 – White + - Unlock Output          3 - 3 Pin Connector Green Lock output
     5 – Brown + Light 1 Output  Main Harness 6 pin H1/5 White Parking Light

7P White H4

Green + - Door trigger input          24 Pin  15 Green – Door Input 
    Brown Brake pedal input +   24 Pin   20 Brown Brake Shutdown
    PURPLE / White Tach input     24 Pin   12 Violent/White Tach Input
    BLACK/ White Parking Brake Input Neutral Safety 24 Pin   13 BLACK/ White Neutral/Parking Br
    Grey – Hood Pin     24 Pin    9 Gray Hood Pin Input

8P White H3     

BLACK/ White Dome Light    24 Pin  4 BLACK / YELLOW Dome light output 

Thanks again everyone really appreciate your time/help.

python 5706p starter challenge -- posted image.

Randy

randyhub 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2013 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

So just wanted say the car starts manually just fine (auto trans) 2007 Toyota FJ.

I am not using the starter kill,the key has no transponder. I think I have the starter input/output screwed up. :(

Randy

smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2013 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  

From the photo, it would appear that you only have one of the heavy gauge 12 volt inputs connected, ( Red, RED / White, RED / Black) H3/2, 6, & 9 should beconnected to a constant 12 volt source. 

Do the highlights indicate what wires you have connected?

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
randyhub 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2013 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  

I am embarrased to say I think so. I was going by memory the next morning it was 3:30 am and I did not have a highlighter. :( I am pretty sure I just missed 1 or 2 wires of the starter connections as everything else works. I should have known better being stuck behind a desk for 14 years has made me a tad lazy which I was not when I was an installer. :(

Always go slow, document, double check, was how I was trained should have followed the advice I knew.

Randy aka dumb as_.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic