icon

amp for w7s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deeryders 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2013 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
Alright so I finally blew out my Logic Txp4000D amplifier after 3 years and I am on the market for a new one. Except I am BROKE (As is anyone who wants to do car audio lol). I have 2 12" W7s ran to 1.5 ohms and my Logic txp4000d did me justice. The amps gain was between half and quarter way up (before the bass was too over baring) so maybe I can down size my amp just a little. I looked into some amps and the ones that I am liking the price of do not sound to good (pyle, boss etc etc). However I seen a lot of reviews on how Planet Audio and Lanzar Amps are pretty good. I do not know much about these amps I am leaning more towards the Planet Audio AC4000D (or 5000) or maybe another Logic but the QX3000D. I am kind of on the fence here and dont have alot of money at the moment. Also do you think having the amp mounted to box shortens the amps life. I always had it on the back of my seat and about a couple of months ago put it on my box. Thanks guys
MECP Certified
Dont Ground Out!!!
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2013 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
honestly what is your price range? you can buy cheap amps and they might give you the power but a year or so from now you'll be stuck in the same situation looking for another amp. for those subs sitting at 1.5 ohms together you will want to look for an amp that gives you 2500 watts at 1 ohm, the exact power isnt that important. a real 2000 watt amp will push those nicely. im actually in the market for an amp around that power and ive been looking at the sundown saz-1500D or 2500D, or a crossfire C51700D which is rated at 1700 watts at 12v.
now if you arent willing to drop about $500 on a good amp then id stay in the area of hifonics brutus amps, PPI black ice amps, sound stream, planet audio isnt too bad although not what it used to be, power bass makes some decent amps, maybe RE audio.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2013 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
A W7 costs what, close to $1000? Why use a POS amp with such a good speaker? Save your pennies and get something decent.
Support the12volt.com
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
totally agree. you dont want to get an amp that has a lot of distoration to ruin the beautiful works of art. Save your money and buy something nice that actually puts out what they say it puts out.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic