< Prev Topic Next Topic >
agemax 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2013 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
oldspark wrote:
I suggest you contact Durite.
The only meaningful info I have is...
durite 0 728 02 relay wiring - Page 3 -- posted image.
...from QRZ Forum's Needing help figuring out a latching relay though that's for a VW 111-941-583 and may differ from the Durite 0-728-02
that is the same picture i have on the side of the relay i have. although it was advertised with the picture i posted earlier in the thread. the 2 outputs 56a and 56b look different. i have a feeling they sent me the wrong relay durite 0 728 02 relay wiring - Page 3 -- posted image.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2013 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
that's a vw dimmer relay with flash-to-pass function. the secondary contact from 30 to 56a completes that circuit. look for VW 411941583C,
the letter suffix determines whether the F-T-P exists in the relay.
and of course per DIN wiring standards, term 30 is battery power.
looking at the 583C relay as this is typed.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2013 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
So can I take back my previous apologies and refer you all back to my first post?
agemax 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2013 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
i really dont know?
if the contacts in the relay were arranged as in the schematic i posted in post #3 then i think there would not be a problem.
as i have a relay which the contacts are arranged as in the picture posted by oldspark, then i am guessing they have sent me the wrong relay as i cannot see how these contacts work to get power to 56b.
they advertised it as the relay with the contacts shown in post #3 so i guess i will have to contact them Monday and get them to send me the correct relay.
i would post a link to the e**y listing but i dont think i am allowed to...
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2013 at 3:26 AM / IP Logged  
The problem with the post #3 diagram is that it says nothing about how the relay latches.
I'd also argue that the diagram I posted is not incompatible with post #3's pic though it still doesn't explain how it latches.
Adding an SPDT (86 to 56b) achieves what you want.
agemax 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2013 at 4:11 AM / IP Logged  
as it is wired now, it works perfectly, except there is no output on 56b when it is switched to that side.
when 56a is latched on 56 and 30 connect making the circuit, but when 56b is latched, it gets the 12v from 56 but not the ground from 30.
i can still use it as it is, as it does what i want, switches 56b on or off with a 12v pulse. therefore turning the ignition on and off.
the original idea for using this relay was that when 56a is switched off (cutting power to the bike) it would then power an alarm from the other contact 56b.
i can live with it as i will just have to wire in a power source to supply the alarm when the bike ignition is off.
i wanted to use the relay as it would be minimum fuss and a tidy install, without to many relays and wires.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2013 at 4:23 AM / IP Logged  
Bleeding heck just use this:-
auto_switch.bmp
Standard 5 pin Bosch/Tycho cube relay around £5
agemax 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2013 at 4:28 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Bleeding heck just use this:-
auto_switch.bmp
Standard 5 pin Bosch/Tycho cube relay around £5
yeah, i could do but it defeats the object of what i want.
i will just wait until tomorrow and contact the seller and get them to send me the correct relay.
thanks anyway for your help
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2013 at 4:31 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, very confused, I thought you simply wanted to turn the alarm on and off automatically, wth are you trying to achieve?
agemax 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2013 at 4:41 AM / IP Logged  
ok, i will explain from the start.
i have a remote control unit to power the ignition and starter on my motorcycle. the remote relays are momentary action so i need a latching relay that is activated by a 12v pulse to turn the ignition on, so it is on all the time until i pulse it again to turn the ignition off again. (same principal as using a key switch)
when i switch the ignition off, i want the 12 to redirect (through the changeover relay) to power the alarm.
then, when the ignition is turned on again it diverts the power away from the alarm to the ignition circuit.
does that sort of make sense now? durite 0 728 02 relay wiring - Page 3 -- posted image.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic