icon

Audiovox window rollup/down add on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
J15big 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2003 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  

I have an audiovox Remote Start/Alarm on my truck. Im not sure of the model number but judging by the features it has I would guess its the APS775. I want to add remote window roll up and remote window roll down. If it matters I have an 01 Ford Lightning (F-150 - only 2 windows). The alarm has 2 aux outputs, one delayed 300mA pulsed and one 300mA latched. I dont really know what latched or pulsed means. Basically I want the windows to close when I arm the truck, I want them to also close by pressing one of the other two buttons in case I dont arm the alarm, then I want the other output to roll the windows down. I know Im going to need the window module(s) plus relays and other thing but Im not exaclty sure what to get and how to wire it. Can anyone help? Also, according to the manual, in order to activate channel two, you need to press the second button for 4 seconds. The channel two button is also the remote start button, you press it 3 times to start the vehicle. So if pressing it 3 times starts the truck, and pressing it for 4 seconds activates channel 2, what does just pressing it once do? Nothing? Anyway, I need to know what to get, where to get it, and how to wire it for my whole window roll up/down setup. Any help is greatly appreciated.

cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2003 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, I read your post, and this is what I suggest. I recommend getting a DEI 530t window module. I have one, and I think it's great. Here's the features:
1. I can open both of my windows via 1 button on the remote. If you hit the button once, they "vent" a few inches. If you hold the button for a few seconds, they roll all the way down.
2. It will roll up both windows when arming the car. If I don't want them to roll up when I arm the car, I just have to hit the channel 2 button first, and they stay down.
3. It added "1-touch" up and down to both switches in my car. So on the driver's door (both switches), and on the passenger's door, there's 1-touch operation of the windows. Touch the switch once and they go all the way down...and the same for going up.
4. I also wanted to have another button on my remote to roll up the windows, too, but I ran out of buttons. So...if my car is ever parked and armed with the windows down, and I want to roll up the windows...I just disarm and rearm the car, and they'll roll right back up.
There you go. I highly recommend this unit...you can find it on the net for around $60 or so. I think the 1-touch is awesome, although some people find it annoying....I'm so used to it now, that when I get in a car that doesn't have it, it's strange to me. :-)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic