icon

Install Starter on Manual Transmission

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
laptop 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2003 at 4:03 AM / IP Logged  

I have 97 Mustang V6 and Delta pro 5005. In delta pro manual say do not install this on Manual Transmission Vehicle. I have success install the alarm system in the vehicle without starter and starter killer relay. However now I got an idea how to make my vehicle remote starter work, but I need few information. I need to know where

1. Neutral Safety wire locate and color code.

2. you know manual transmission wont start when you pressed the flush before crank engine. so what wire color it that.
3. if you have install remote starter on manual transmission before, any hint that will be great.

thank you guys

jaxman 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2003 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
Well , YOU CAN install the start engine on any car with manual gear box.
The only problem it is that if you forget the car in gear the car will start :)
The only thing that you can prevent it to start in gear (like I did with mine Install Starter on Manual Transmission - Last Post -- posted image. ) it is to get a sensor that will feel if the car it is in gear or not. There are no neutral safety wire on manual gear boxes.
This sensor it's actually a proximity sensor that will feel the distance to the gear shifter. If the distance it is bigger or smaller than the distance you adjusted at the installation then it will intrerrupt a contact.
Usually all the alarm systems have a safety switch that sends a (-) minus or ground to the system when the engine start function it is enabled and cuts this ground for disabling the engine start.
About the starter killer you can install it without problems.
Hope this will help.
Ronald Mark 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2003 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
The clutch safety switch is at the clutch pedal. IF this is on your own car you can bypass this at your own risk. One wire in , one wire out. Disconnect the plug to the switch and make a jumper to go between them. Hook up the rest of the remote start as shown here.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=1995-97&make=Ford&model=Mustang&ID=17831&type=Alarm
laptop 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2003 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  

To jaxman,

what kind a sensor? where to buy it? and little help how to install the sensor onto gear box that will be great.

thank you

laptop

poisonfree 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2003 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  

It can be done but the method I know about is installing a Capacitor that doesn't let your car start while it is in gear, only when it is in neutral.

there are plenty of shops in my area that will hook this up for you.  I'm looking for the actual Size of Capacitor and location where to install it right now. I'll post any info asap.

jaxman 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2003 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
Well laptop , I live in Denmark and it will be pretty hard to get one from here but I found something simillar here :
http://nts2.balluff.com:8080/inductive.htm
It is not so easy to install and adjust but after you take a look at them I am sure you will figure out a methode to install it near the gear shifter.
Myself did some iprovisations to get it stable in position.
If you have place enough you can also install it under the car near the gear shifter.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic