the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

94 camry firstech/compustar cm600s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2013 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
Obviously I can't promise that is the issue (I have seen some dash grounds work great) but it's a place to start... Also check the battery terminals for tightness and extensive corrosion.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
toyotanuts 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2013 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
Buddholly...
Your thoughts on the blk/yel to power the acc worked....TY
Now the dam horn...
Did what you suggested to test (locks doors/window down/open door using inside handle)for a factory alarm or aftermarket...neither seem to be present....
Tried running a ground direct to the battery...still NG
I'm wondering if I use one of the Compustars disarm - pulses on the horn (grn/blk on Camry)...will take possibly shut down the horn signal??
noted in the #2-02 menu/options IGN-ACC Pulse with Disarm?
Thoughts?
I ran out of time...been working under lights for 2 hrs in 30degrees...glad the heaters working...still have the fuse pulled for the horn...too late to keep blaring the horm.
Thanks again in advance everyone...much appreciated
Toyotanuts
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2013 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
Glad the ACC is at least working for ya now.
As far as the horn...So it honks twice when you hit lock or unlock? If you lock it using the new remote, let it sit for a few minutes and then remote start it does the horn go off?
What are you using for your lock/unlock wires? Do you have an LED light to the left of the steering column at all?
toyotanuts 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmm.....lets see.
org/blk and blu compustar wires to lgt grn/red in blue plug passenger kick panel for unlock
blu/blk compustar wire to blu/wht in same blue plug in pass kick panel for lock
Lock/unlock "seem" to work without a problem.
No leds to the left of the wheel.
During remote start..Each time the parking lights flash the horn makes a LOUD beep,...once when it initializes, then again if i remember correctly when the engine starts to turn...then once the engine starts, the parking lights come on steady and same time the horn starts blaring...horn will stay on until I pull the fuse out.
I tried disconnecting the parking lights from the system...didnt work, the horn still beeped and blared...same as before.
Toyotanuts
toyotanuts 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2013 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
I have a factory electrical wiring diagram manual for the Camry...
Turns out the car is equipped with a LH and RH Horns..the RH horn is located underneath the battery box..definitely no extra alarm....
Toyotanuts
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2013 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm. Cut it?
toyotanuts 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  

Cut it?

Please explain....Cut what?...you lost me.

Toyotanuts
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2013 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure if this is the issue with the horn but...
There is a (+) parking lights trigger @ the bottom of the fuse box, and (-) park lights trigger green @ steering column, the horn trigger is GREEN/ black (-) @ steering column.
It sounds to me that you have the (-) parking light output from the compustar hooked up to the horn trigger wire (the 2 similarly colored wires in the same harness).
As for the 2 horns, it's not uncommon. Some cars if you disconnect the horns one at a time, you'll notice they sound different, together they achieve a specific tone.
toyotanuts 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2013 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
TY...
Your thoughts on the parking lights is what crossed my mind last night. I disconnected the parking lights last night to take them out of the loop....didnt fix it.
The to green wires at the base of the column are different size gauge...the grn/blk hornwire is approx a 14/16...where as the parking light grn wire is probably a 20ga...its very light.
I'll go over the wiring again this weekend if I can get the car from my kids...two teens with licenses and 1 car...means I dont see my car much anymore.
TY
Tom
-
Toyotanuts
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2013 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
So right now there is nothing connected to the GREEN/ black wire @ steering column?
Not sure what to say, the horn circuit on the car is fairly simple.
94 camry firstech/compustar cm600s - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic