icon

viper 5704 when i disarm my viper and the

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2013 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  

NO.... it is not like connecting directly to a positive. the coil of the relay limits current to around 80-150 ma (depending on relay brand).

your lack of understanding all of this leads me to strongly urge you to find a competent installer or car alarm saavy person and have them read the post and perform the work.

it would all be second nature to soemone like that. i would hate for you to make a mistake along the way and cause problems for your alarm or maybe even you car.

i can explain it a million times, but i cant make you understand it. there will most likely be a moment that you see/understand it and you will get a warm fuzzy feeling. from that point on, you will have "the vision"

PS...when the relay is installed, at least remove the interior light fuse while connections are made.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
ckhaustralia 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2013 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  
I did auto electric's as a trade about 30 years ago.and I'm 50 now, so like riding a bike its coming back to me, as I ask stupid questions,I'd rather ask a stupid question than jump blindly and stuff things up
I appreicate all you help and advice
ckhaustralia 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2014 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
itsyuk wrote:

if your interior light bulbs have power to them all the time and the door when opened grounds their other terminal so they light up, here is how you do it. if your system is not like this.... the following is incorrect.

i am not familiar with the terminal number you posted so i am gonna tell you how i would do it.

using the common bosch style relay to run the domelight supervision, here we go!!!.

terminal 86 goes to constant 12v

terminal 85 goes to the domlight supervision wire

terminal 30 goes to the wire that runs from your car door pin switch (which gets grounded when door is open)

terminal 87a goes to your alarms "neg" door trigger wire

terminal 87 goes to ground

this set-up will disconnect the alarm door trigger while the domelight supervision is activated and the instant domelight supervision stops the alarm will be reconnected.

if anyone has a problem with this or if your interior light operates in a different way than i have described please let me know ASAP so we can make any needed changes.

Only thing I've left out of the equation, is my dome light has a 10 second delay on it so when the door is shut the light stays on for 10 seconds, I think the kit I put in it was called a courtisy light timer or delay... will that afect the schematics you've given me?
Regards
Marc
ckhaustralia 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2014 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
itsyuk wrote:

if you end up using my wiring recommendation, you will have trouble programming features on the alarm because the alarm had to "see" the door open while you program. so make yourself a note somewhere to remember this.   LOL

to program the alarm, you will need to disconnect the domelight supervision wire from the relay while programming is being performed. then once you are done programming, hook that wire up again.

I could get around most of the programming issues that this wold cause by using the Bitwriter I have...
Regards
Marc
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2014 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  

i think my tips for you are not right since you car already has its own timer for the interior lights.

its been a while since we dealt with all this stuff for you so i need to refresh my memory on the whole matter. i will re-read the posts over the next couple days and see if i can offer any advice.

i sure hope someone else can shed some light on this.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
ckhaustralia 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2014 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
itsyuk wrote:

i think my tips for you are not right since you car already has its own timer for the interior lights.

its been a while since we dealt with all this stuff for you so i need to refresh my memory on the whole matter. i will re-read the posts over the next couple days and see if i can offer any advice.

i sure hope someone else can shed some light on this.

Thank you I appreicate your help, time and advice.
Regards
Marc
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic