2013 mazda cx9 no start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
royal flush 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2013 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone,
I searched and found not very many CX9 related questions on the boards but hopefully someone can help.
Car is a 2013 Mazda CX9 with smart keyless entry
Remote starter module is a Fortin E300. Bypass module is an Evo-all
This is my first experience with a CX9 and first experience with a smart keyless entry system. From the Fortin website I have used connection 3F with programmation 4. I have completed the wiring but cannot seem to get the car to remote start. However, it will remote start if the key is in the car. I assume it may be a programming problem. I have tried 3 different Evo-all bypass modules and have experimented with 71.05, 71.06, and 71.11 firmwares. I have double checked my connections and everything seems to be correct, unless there is something I don't know about and left out.
I have been trying to get in touch with Fortin tech support for a day and a half now and the line is either busy or they keep me on hold until they hang up.
Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Scott
Satkunas 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2013 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
Scott,
I highly doubt it's the module. An installation error in the wiring would give you trouble no matter how many modules you tried to plug in to it.
Here's a self-help troubleshooting guide available for this installation that addresses the most common problems:
https://ifar.ca/en/support/troubleshooting/141041/
If this doesn't help resolve your issue you can post a question in the Fortin Q&A (support section). You're bound to get a more direct answer there than you would anywhere else.
royal flush 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
As it turns out I had wired the ignition wire of the module to the wrong wire at the transponder. Take note for anyone having this same issue that the information on fortin's wirecolor website is incorrect. The correct color of the transponder's ignition wire is BLUE / YELLOW.
Thanks everyone.
Satkunas 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
Colors may vary from vehicle to vehicle. This is why the Pin # is also included in the description with every wire.
In this case the Transponders Ignition wire is Pin #3 (regardless of color).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic