the12volt.com spacer
icon

1999-2002 Silverado Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2017 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
kbenny 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2017 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kbenny
I am not really sure how I feel about Directed electronics customer support.
I know they want to only support authorized installers but I cant agree with that policy.
The last time I had an "authorized installer" do work on my car was in 1997. At that time a very inexperienced and young employee took some short cuts and causing a small electrical fire in my car that took almost a year and going to court to get reimbursed.
I called them today with a simple question and was treated like crap.
All I wanted to ask was if the 4105L would generate a momentary ground pulse or constant ground pulse if I held down the lock or unlock buttons (with panic option disabled).
I know I can get out my DMM and check myself but didnt feel like tearing into my dash at the moment as I was just looking to order a remote window module and needed to know.
If anyone here has any tips on communicating with DEI with out the "sorry, you are consumer scum" run around please message me and let me know.
Also if anyone can answer my question about if the 4105L would generate a momentary ground pulse or constant ground pulse if I held down the lock or unlock buttons let me know
blade7022 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2017 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blade7022
kreg357 wrote:
2000 GMC Sierra   with Viper 5706       
Remote Start, 10-pin heavy gauge connector
1 NC No Connection      
2 RED / BLACK (+) FUSED 12V ACC/STARTER INPUT             RED (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
3 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A    not used
4 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT        WHITE (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
5 RED (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 1 INPUT     RED / White (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
6 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE)     YELLOW (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS \
7 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE)   YELLOW (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS / cut wire
8 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT            ORANGE (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
9 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 2     RED (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
10 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT      PINK (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
I wish I could give this a thousand thumbs ups right now, one of the most helpful posts I have seen for the ignition tie in!! Thank You.
2001 Tahoe LT
JBL W15GTix2-JBL BP1200.1 Stinger 15 Farad Capacitor.
Sony MEX-BT5000-Kenwood KNA-G510-Kenwood LZ702W Touchscreen
rheckbert3 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2017 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rheckbert3
kreg357 wrote:
As for the heated seats, in that GEN truck there are no full featured bypass modules that can directly control them.
I can't find any info one the hearted seat control wiring but it might be possible. Perhaps someone with access
to DirectTech info can check and supply it. The 4105 doesn't have AUX outputs per se. It has a Trunk Release
output but that will also unlock the doors. You could use the 2nd Status / Defrost wire with appropriate programming.
Kreg
I was thinking to use the 2nd status/Rear defogger output wire to turn on the heated seat. I am just not sure a good way to hook this output to the drivers heated seat. I have attached the wiring diagram for the heated seats. Since the heated seat button is momentary and has 3 "positions" off, hi, and low and uses latching logic I'm not sure the best way to hook up the output to turn the seat on.
The 2nd status/defogger output can be "normal", "latched" or "pulsed"
1999-2002 Silverado Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial - Page 13 -- posted image.
dan33klein 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2017 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dan33klein
Thanks for the awesome write up.
I just want to double check before I install that the avital 4105l is the same wiring and installation as the 4103?
Thanks!
kbenny 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2017 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kbenny
I used this write up with no problems and I was installing a 4105L. I dont recall any differences in the wiring between the 2 models.
dan33klein 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2017 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dan33klein
Thanks a lot.
I ordered all 3 items to install on my
Truck.
My factory remote fon barely works anyways. This will be a nice upgrade.
dan33klein 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2017 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dan33klein
K benny,
Since you used the 4105l did you actually hook up the tach wire? Or did you use the virtual tach?
kbenny 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2017 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kbenny
I hooked up the tach wire, after researching it, because it was considered more reliable.
rheckbert3 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2017 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rheckbert3
dan33klein wrote:
K benny,
Since you used the 4105l did you actually hook up the tach wire? Or did you use the virtual tach?
I used the 4105l and hooked up the tach wire. Very easy. Wire can be easily found behind the Instrument Cluster.
dan33klein wrote:
Thanks for the awesome write up.
I just want to double check before I install that the avital 4105l is the same wiring and installation as the 4103?
Thanks!
The wiring should be basically the same between the 4103 and 4105. I used the 4105 and had no problems following Kreg's write up.
Page of 15

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic