the volume of the aftermarket radio incre

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
prabhakarglv 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2014 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I installed Power Acoustik PNX-761 after market radio along with Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel interface module in my 2006 Honda Element EX M/T today. I also installed toggle switch to bypass the video for my kids while driving the car.
When I drove the car today I encountered the following issues,
1. Steering wheel controls are not working though the module programmed correctly as per the instruction manual. But the controls on the radio is fine. I called Axxess technical support team this morning and they I programmed the module correctly, but they suggested me to program in after market radio for steering wheel controls. I checked the settings section in my radio, but I didn't find anything in regard to steering wheel control. I also checked the manual of the radio thoroughly, but none I find in regard to steering wheel control programming in radio. I'll call the Power Acoustik Technical support team tomorrow for this problem.
2. I was able to bypass the video successfully using toggle switch, however while I was driving the car today I noticed if I use Navigation or Video or BT Music and in all circumstances WITH THE LEFT TURN SIGNAL ON, the audio volume of the radio get increases automatically without I'm pressing the volume button of radio. With the right turn signal ON or if the car is in parking mode or if it's running straight without any turn signals ON, I don't have any issues. I searched in google about this issue to find the solution, but found no success. As far as I concerned I didn't made any errors in wiring connections as per the manual.
I would appreciate your help for the above regard.
Thank you,
Pubby.
pubby
zinda 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2014 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged  
What are you grounding the head unit? where are you getting your power from (battery (Red for memory) & Turn on (Yellow accessory)? Make sure you're not tapped into the fuse box using a turn signal wire for your power. I had an alarm "Professionally installed" and the bozo had it wired into my Power window wiring? As you can imagine it was not working very well like that. Ripped out his install and reinstalled it to gain points during competition, I was loosing points on the only thing I didn't install myself! I also had a problem with a Power Acoustik HU 7" DVD that I bought used. It would make some strange noises when I pushed on the brake pedal, the noise came through my subs. Loud popping sound when I touched the brake. Same loudness at any volume so it was less noticeable with the volume up loud. I took it apart and found that there had been a screw that was far too long installed in the back stabilizing hole. It was so long it had penetrated one of the larger caps that was mounted directly behind that screw hole! Replaced that cap and all was fine.
This could be similar or maybe not. The design was less than ideal, I thought there should have been a backing to that screw hole or a shield in front of the cap to stop the screw from entering into the inside of the deck. When you are adding another ground into the top of a cap anything can happen!
20 crimped on wire splices is about perfect for a 10 foot run of wire (when it's installed by a "Pro" at the Car Stereo Shop)! LOL!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic