icon

acura 3.5rl with python 871xp , tbxkey

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pmendoza502 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2014 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
I have an problem with the remotestart inconsistently starting the car.
I have made sure the key in the TBXKEY starts the car, made sure the jumpers are in their right places, and tried to make sure the wires are all in their right places but im not an alarm expert and despite having installed a number of stereos, amps, head units and subs, along with air suspension management systems, alarms still feel "over my head"
below are pics of how the TBXKEY is installed- I apologize in advance if these pics are not clear...
acura 3.5rl with python 871xp , tbxkey - Last Post -- posted image.
It will oddly work once in a while, and i have a feeling that long black wire is the culprit. earlier today i touched my key to said black wire and tried to remotestart the car and wala! it worked! but my following attempts from outside the car fail in starting the car...
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2014 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
That loop needs to be much more tight around the ignition switch, also those two blue butt connectors?
1) They are far too big for those wires.
2)Use that method anywhere near me and you'd be shown the door, SOLDER..
Lastly the install looks a bloody mess.
pmendoza502 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2014 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
Yea i had the install done at a shop near by and did not install this myself, had i installed it myself believe me, it would look much better, and would only look like this during testing...
despite how tight the loop is around the ignition switch i still have the same problem... would it help if i were to remove the plastic surround of the loop wire? or do i need to do something with that long black wire???
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2014 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
Then I apologise, of course first answer would be to go back but looking at that install???
What's the long black wire for? What's it attached to?
pmendoza502 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2014 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
It is one of the three black wires that comes from a 3 pin connector that is plugged into the tbxkey. it is currently connected to a blue / YELLOW wire.
pmendoza502 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2014 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
What else can cause the remote start to function so infrequently?
pmendoza502 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2014 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
So In an update, I was playing around with that long black wire and ran it to its length away from the TBXKEY and the key cylinder so as not to pick up any interference and tried to position the loop closer to the front of the key cylinder and WALA! IT WORKED!!!
Now Im debating weather to remove that plastic surround on the loop and just use a few pieces of electrical tape to keep it together while having some wires exposed to better transmit the signal to the key cylinder. Also i am now debating whether or not to replace the bypass module with a better one that doesnt require the loop for consistency's sake, any recommendations?
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2014 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
Hondas and acuras need the loop to be on the front of the transponder ring. not around the outside edge. It makes for a pain in the you know what when you try to put the shroud back on. You could always go the route of a data bypass module and eliminate that loop altogether. Depending on what year RL you have a PKH34 may work and its a Honda/Acura only module that never needs flashed, so no hassles with programming
pmendoza502 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2014 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1999 Acura 3.5RL Will PHK34 work for me? and how difficult is the install?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic