icon

Audiobahn

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
donkason 
Copper - Posts: 189
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2003 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
Another suggestion for a good sounding sub for around a 100 bucks is the kicker comp vr. You can buy them off ebay for problably a little over 100 but they are nice. I had 2 10 inch ones off of a 600 watt kenwood amp in the back of a standard cab chevy pickup and they sounded pretty good. If you are on a real budget JBL makes a 12 inch sub and you can normally pick them up 2 for 1 at you local circut city or crutchfield. I had a pair of these 12's in the back of a camaro on a free air baffle with 2 600 watt kenwood amps and it got pretty loud considering that both cost me 100 bucks. There are many others to choose from but I figured I would share my personal experience.
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2003 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
donkason is right...the compVRs were a very nice sounding sub considering the price and competition level they were in...
however, IMO the new compVRs have lost some of their appeal, both in cosmetics and SQ...if you can get last years compVRs, they were not bad at all, but I just dont like the latest rendition of the line...
phthalo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2003 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
the distortion is like .02 or .01- referring to the distortion level of the amp
He drove to canada and his fosgate amp running to his speakers shut off after 6 hours and his audiobahn was still playing- his amp was installed perfectly it's just that it overheated and the fosgate couldn't take it and the audiobahn wasn't even near over heated especially since it has dual cooling fans
That one sub is best sounding sub I've ever heard and I've heard them all- actually I have heard most of those except for the velodynes and none of them compared when I sound tested them
I hear JL's w3(supposedly the best on the market) - I meant to say the w7 and i sound tested them with the audiobahn together and the audiobahn was deffinitely supperior and it was in a non-ported box
A plus side with the audiobahn is that you get a warranty that if you blow your sub(even if it is your fault)they will replace it for free - no other company offers this and they will replace it no matter how many times and if you blow a sub three times you are just an idiot
It seems that you may not know what you are talking about and I see you didn't say anything about the component speakers so I'm guessing you may have been impressed by them
sodamninsane 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2003 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

I love my audiobahn amp, but yeah, there sh*t is wayyyyyy over priced.

First of all, audiobahn is not really an SQ brand. Sure their sh*t gets loud as hell, but it sucks power like there's no tomorrow.   I was lookin at gettin one of there 1200 watt max 12"'s just to add an SPL bump to my system. I've got 2 kappa perfect 10.1d's running off a A3201Q.  Each sub is wired for 2 ohms and I'm running the amp in 2 channel mode.  The amp never gets hot or anything, I love the way it runs. But the only reason I could afford it is because I got it brand new at a clearance sale for 275.00, instead of the 700.00 that it's supposed to be retail.  If you can find there stuff at a discount great, otherwise there's better places to go for the money.

tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2003 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
Well i have never heard the Audiobahns personaly and from what i've always seen here plus the local installers in my area I will never will. Always get the same reaction, junk that sounds like crap. Think they are some of the ugliest subs out there, throw some chrome and pretty flame design on there to appeal to the younger generation who, no offense, are easily impressed with any sub that that can get loud and be heard from "miles" away. Now phthalo, you should pay more attention to the guys on here cause you will learn alot from them and come down off your high horse you seem to be riding. I like how you compare a RF amp with NO cooling fans against one that has them and gripe about it overheating, maybe if he put the RF in a place where it could breathe he wouldn't have such problems out of it. As for your warranty crap, how long does that last?? 1 yr, 2 yrs?? Diamond's have it for 3 yrs, do your homework before you come on here talking trash to people who know a lil bit more than you do. Now, one last note, the Audiobahns may be the best sounding to you, i won't knock that since everyone will pick something different that sounds best to them. Everyone has their personal taste of music and sound, everyone wants things to sound the way THEY want it to. So if you are a diehard Audiobahn fan then go for it. Just like im a diehard fan for Diamond Audio. Just dont get all offensive when someone speaks there opinion on a certain brand sub or speaker, opinions are what alot of people come here to get and everyone has the right to have theirs.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic