the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5706v '06 chevy cobalt ss manual

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2014 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

Here is the process for entering MTS Reservation Mode from a Viper 4704 guide.:

Manual Transmission Start (MTS mode)
When installed into a manual transmission vehicle, the system requires
that the MTS mode is properly set when parking. If MTS mode is not
properly set or is defeated after being properly set the system will not
start the engine and the REMOTE START ERROR text and tones play as
an alert.
1. With the engine running, set the parking brake and leave the
engine running. For Pit Stop or Turbo Timer mode (to leave the
engine running after Locking) open the driver door.
2. Release the foot brake (if pressed during Step 1), or press and
release the foot brake anytime. As long as the engine is running
there is no time limit to perform this step.
3. Within 20 seconds of foot brake release, press any command
button on the remote, after 20 seconds return to Step 2 (For Turbo
Timer Mode, press the optional dash mounted activation button
or send the Timer Mode command from the Advanced Start menu
screen).
4. The parking lights flash 5 times to confirm MTS mode enable
and the remote start activates the ignition outputs. The
REMOTE START ON text and beeps play to confirm.
5. Turn Off and remove the key from the ignition switch, the engine
remains running.
6. Exit the vehicle, close all the doors and Lock the system.
7. The engine turns off and after a few seconds, the REMOTE START OFF
message plays to confirm. If the door is opened in Step 3 then
the engine continues to run.

The Viper needs to see Ignition1 at +12V, a valid Tach signal, the E-Brake signal, the Door Status signal and the Foot Brake

signal.  The Igntion1 should be OK because you can remote start the vehicle in Auto Trans Mode with the clutch depressed.
The Tach signal is OK because you got a good status from a Tach Learn.  You can test the Brake signal by doing a Auto
Trans remote start-up and then shutting down the engine by depressing the Brake pedal.  You can test the Door Trigger
by setting the Viper Alarm and then opening the drivers door with the inside handle.  That leaves the E-Brake signal to test.

Soldering is fun!
coyn11 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2014 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
ok, so i accedentally tapped into the wrong wire for my ebrake. i tapped into the correct one and now this is where i am.
when i go to do the vehicle exit procedure i before hand i...
1. turn on the vehicle
2. release the parking brake
then i do the vehicle exit porocedure
1. press and hold on foot brake.
2. engage ebrake
3. release foot brake
4. within seconds i press the remote start button on the remote
5. turn key off and remove it from ignition
6. open door
7. shut door
8. press lock on the remote
then the car shuts down and flashes 6 times. the funny part is i dont have the hood pin wire attached to anything, the end of the wire is sitting on the carpet mat (which means its not being grounded)
here is another really funny thing, when i actually get out of the car between steps 6 and 7 i tried popping the hood to see if i had a positive hood switch. i didn't see any pins or mercury switches so i armed the vehicle remotely shuting it off and engaging the MT mode. At this point the car shut down then the alarm started going off.
so the issue now: although i get the reservation mode to activate (and i get the messages and joystick on my LCD remote) immediatly after reservation mode is set i get 6 flashes and when i try to remote start the vehicle (with clutch depressed) the vehicle flashes 7 times.
and btw the door triggers the alarm when opened from the inside and armed.
noob
coyn11 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2014 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
for clarification...
the ONLY way i can get a successful reservation mode is if i open the hood before i shut it down. then i try and remote start and it attempts to start (although i dont know if it will cause i cant press the clutch outside of the vehicle) and the horn starts going off.
noob
coyn11 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
UPDATE: The alarm has nothing to do with the hood being open or closed. and i miscounted to "6" flashes. its 7 flashes. when im inside the vehicle and it is successful outside the vehicle, but my FACTORY ALARM goes off after i try to remote start.
im thinking the bypass module hasn't properly programmed my transponder key? but then why could i start in automatic mode?
noob
coyn11 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2014 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
UPDATE 2: the remote start works when clutch is bypassed. the factory horn alarm goes off now until the car is completely started then it turns off and everything is normal. so it works, but the alarm goes off for a few seconds. Do i need to add diodes? if so where and what ratings?
Thanks in advanced!
noob
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2014 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  

Remember that really nice wire listing I linked to earlier ( https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=717 ) ?  viper 5706v '06 chevy cobalt ss manual - Page 2 -- posted image.

For the Factory Alarm honks after a remote start,  take a look at page 17.   viper 5706v '06 chevy cobalt ss manual - Page 2 -- posted image.

Clutch bypass???  Take a look at page 12.  viper 5706v '06 chevy cobalt ss manual - Page 2 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
coyn11 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2014 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Everything works except that horn. I will be putting in the horn relay tomorrow. Thank you so much for all the help!
noob
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic