icon

viper 5706v ignition wiring for 08 honda

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lr82 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2015 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
I am confused as to which wires need to go to my ignition wires for my 2008 Honda CRV. Here are the stats for the viper 5706v alarm -
viper 5706v ignition wiring for 08 honda - Last Post -- posted image.
Here are the wires for my ignition on the Honda-
What what wires correspond to my wires on the ignition ?
Also, where would I tie in the pink wire for the dball seen below?
I've done remote starters in the past but things have changed and new terms come into play.
Thank you
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2015 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
lr82 wrote:
I am confused as to which wires need to go to my ignition wires for my 2008 Honda CRV. Here are the stats for the viper 5706v alarm -
1) What wires correspond to my wires on the ignition ?
1b)Also, where would I tie in the pink wire for the dball seen below?
2) I've done remote starters in the past but things have changed and new terms come into play.
Thank you
1) Due to your lack of understanding of how a basic circuit works, I would consider reading the manual that came with your viper. I'm sure there's a member that could layout all the information required and spoon-feed you the answers; however this is where problems begin, as most users like to do what children do! simply matching colours of wires based off others inputs. If you understood basic circuity, you would be compelled to test your wires, ergo figuring out what wires would need to be connected from your viper unit to the vehicle... Correct me if I'm wrong.
1b) The answer is written in the diagram. It says connect the pink wire to the ignition wire on the car. In this case (i'll give you something to match) The pink from the dball, will go to the pink on the viper (same manufacture)
2) If you have done remote starters in the past, then you should already have some background knowledge no? Truthfully, I don't believe starter installs have changed for any regular key cars. In addition of course the bypass module/canbus, etc, but with time comes new technology to simplify the install. PTS of course is a different animal.
moving on. Kreg has a very detailed pictorial here: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=133609
that will have all necessary connections you need for the larger gauge wire.
To speed up the learning curve from viper to car.
RED / black,Red,RED / white to white
pink to blue
orange to orange
violet to yellow (unless you want a starter disable) the cut the wire green towards plug, violet to car.
pink/white to red (not required only for radio)
don't forget the door lock wires from the dball to the car. its a mandatory connection.
do yourself a favour and test your wires with a dmm rather than playing "lets match colours"
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
lr82 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2015 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
I appreciate the response. I did hook up all of the wires that way. the issue I am having is that the violet starter walire stays powered even after the car is started and keeps turning the starter.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2015 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
program tach.
Ted
Compustar Expert
fcortes626 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2015 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
are you doing W2W or D2D?
If you are doidn W2W make sure the tach input is connected like tedmond said.
If D2D then you shouldnt need that wire and the problem is somewhere else.
tedmond 
Posted: January 13, 2015 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
even if he did use w2w or d2d, the unit doesn't just know to look for tach. you have to program an actual rpm value to the unit, so it knows what to look for.
start car, step on brake, press and hold antenna button until blue led comes on, release and activate start to test
Ted
Compustar Expert
lr82 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2015 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
I am using d2d for my connections. I did hook up the tach as it says d2d might not sense with this car. I did the procedure to learn the tach and it confirmed via the parking lights. I did this though without having the violet starter wire hooked up as it was grinding out the started.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic