icon

1996 mercedes factory disarm wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
adamski 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2015 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed pro start on a 1996 mercedes e320 and it has the annoying factory alarm. before I bought this thing I was unaware it had an alarm and now I'm wizzed cuz I dont know how I'm going to put in mine with the existing factory one. I'm sort of under the impression that there may not be an "alarm module" per say, all the door locks and switches and stuff probably go to a box, that manages unlocking and everything, this probably does alarm too. So just unpluging this would keep everything relating to door locks and such from working. One thing that seemed promising in the book was that there is a "master key" for the car (key with a red dot on it). According to the book if you unlock the doors with this key it turns the alarm system off. I will post if I get anywhere with this. my guess is that there is something slightly different about this key that turns a switch to tell the system to not use the alarm. Finding this wire and permanently grounding it or however it works should permanently disable the factory alarm. Again I'll post more when I figure it out myself. I'm sort of a rip it apart and do it yourself kinda guy, as long as I'm not a risk of blowing up the factory computer I dont mind playing with wiring. If I'm at risk here somebody stop me. But I've done this alot before
Adam
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2015 at 3:22 AM / IP Logged  
You need to unlock before R/.Start.
You can do this with DEI, Compustar, not sure if Prostart does it.
banthonyb71 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
You are absolutely at risk. foreign vehicles "especially, Audi's, BMW's Mercedes, Volvo's, are extremely complex and usually have out of the ordinary installation techniques.
I'm not saying you can't do it yourself, but don't just "rip it apart" and start probing data wires like it's a Chevy s-10. gather as much info and technical documents, and available hardware info as possible. A good start would be providing us with the exact model of the Mercedes.
banthonyb71 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry but just by you using that phrase, "Rip It Apart!", on a Mercedes, I'm already nervous for ya.
If you can provide the model of the vehicle and product I can get you docs so you'll know exactly what your dealing with.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2015 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged  
use your unlock output, branch with 2 diodes one to the Blue (-) Unlock @ dkp, and one to GREEN / WHITE (-) door lock switch @ center console. If that does not work, set your prostart mode 1, function 3, option 2 to extend the door un/lock pulse
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2015 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
Doesn't the Prostart have a programable R/S safe start feature like DEI product?
That is all you should need.
BTW Ted, in Europe we never went for the push button lock/unlock.
Thin black lock and comfort close, thin blue, unlock.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2015 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
It Does, prostart is a rebadged autostart
Secure Lock: Mode 1, Function 2, Option 3 on most units.
Howie, I have no idea why the vehicles would be so different, after-all the vehicles all originate from the same place. In my option the harnesses should be the same, just 180'd to be used on right hand drive.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2015 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
On UK cars those two wires, black lock and blue unlock ran in a conduit in front of the driver's seat to join the main right hand side floor loom going to the pump, under rear seat.
Never used the single wire at the switch because it couldn't give you comfort close.
And yes to 180 degrees.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic