icon

12 Volt Airhorn Amperage

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2015 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
Read my previous post where I told you to wire the compressor directly to the OEM horn wires, don't use the supplied relay and increase the horn fuse to 20 amps.
That's how I do it on Toyotas.
Alternatively, find the NEG horn push wire either at the steering column or where it joins the horn relay (assume engine bay) and trigger the aftermarket that way.
There are actually three ways to wire this and none should affect the alarm beep unless you CUT the leads to the OEM relay or blew a fuse. Check your fuses.
chassis 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2015 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you howie! I will check the fuses,think it should be a fuse as the indicators are also nolonger flasing when using keyless entry.I have not cut any wires except transfering them to the relay.ill try and hook it up straight to OEM wires tomorrow and use a 20A fuse.
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2015 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
You'll probably find the airhorn is too slow for the beeps.
And IMO so it should be - it's bad enough with horns beeping for central locking and alarms - I usually feel like rocking such installations if not the people using them. But to have an airhorn blast instead... 12 Volt Airhorn Amperage - Page 2 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2015 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
My air horns oscillate only when the alarm is triggered, not with on/off or warning chirps.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2015 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
So if the airhorn is too slow for the beebs,the horn will still not sound if I hook it up straight to OEM wires? Correct me if I'm wrong.the guy says it makes fff fff instead beep beep.if I hook the OEM horn up again on the OEM wires,and then still use the same wires to trigger the airhorn via realy just so the guy can hear his beeps?
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2015 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
Are you asking? IMO your last question is a statement, else rhetorical.
Relay actuation delays should be negligible (typically under 10ms) whereas airhorn pumps take longer to spin up.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2015 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
The airhorn will just be used when hitting the switch on the steering,then both will sound .when he use the keyless entry,only the factory horn will sound.I understand the airhorn will not sound with the keyless entry as it is too slow.
chassis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2015 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your patience and time.client just contacted me,told me that the horn does work when you trigger the alarm.its just that it doesn't work with the beeps.anyway he said that isn't that important aslong as it goes off when it gets tempered.thank you for your advice guys.don't worry everything sticks like glue what I'm learning from you.12 Volt Airhorn Amperage - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic