the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 nissan rogue, viper 5706v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jsigna 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2015 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
I followed the guide. It said to use light green wire.   It's on page one under the idatalink instructions.
Thanks!
mpe235 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2015 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mpe235
I would test it to see what it does. The 2 guides I checked both say yellow wire for release and light green for the trunk/hatch pin. If you test at the switch i would guess that the yellow goes to ground first and the light green grounds as the gate releases. when you press the trunk release on the remote does the dome light turn on?
Nissan Master Tech.
mpe235 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2015 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mpe235
mpe235 wrote:
I would test it to see what it does. The 2 guides I checked both say yellow wire for release and light green for the trunk/hatch pin. If you test at the switch i would guess that the yellow goes to ground first and the light green grounds as the gate releases. when you press the trunk release on the remote does the dome light turn on?
OK I just checked the Nissan Service manual. It looks like you have the correct wire. It shows light green to pin 22 at the Bcm. I would just test the function of the wire you are connected to to make sure it is the right one.
Nissan Master Tech.
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2015 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
I am confused about this now.
Page 1 in my OP I posted a picture of the idatalink guide.
It says to hook up the trunk output to the light green.
You are saying it is wrong and I need to find a yellow wire somewhere and that the light green is just a trunk status?
mpe235 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2015 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mpe235
No, sorry about that. It appears the other guides have it listed wrong. My Nissan Service manual is showing light green at pin 22.
I can try to check one at work tomorrow. Sometimes even the factory service manuals are wrong. I have seen it on several occasions.
Nissan Master Tech.
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2015 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
So I think that I wired it to the wrong thing. I did not wire it to the BCM I wired it to a plug that sits by the OBDII port.
I am thinking about the BCM it self and there is no little green plug like the one listed there.
I am now thinking that the plug I should of wen't to is connected to a switch on the dash panel.. Possibly a switch to "pop" the liftgate?
What are the chances I find another plug with that color in the same spot...
I will see soon.
mpe235 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2015 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mpe235
jsigna wrote:
So I think that I wired it to the wrong thing. I did not wire it to the BCM I wired it to a plug that sits by the OBDII port.
I am thinking about the BCM it self and there is no little green plug like the one listed there.
I am now thinking that the plug I should of wen't to is connected to a switch on the dash panel.. Possibly a switch to "pop" the liftgate?
What are the chances I find another plug with that color in the same spot...
I will see soon.
You would be surprised how many of the same color wires are on these things now. I think the best bet would be go directly to the switch.
Nissan Master Tech.
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2015 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
I think I need to tap into the lift gate button and that will fix me up.
Also FYI the yellow wire it for non powered lift gates. Light green is for powered.
From Jedi Master Ted:
If it's not a powered trunk release
Yellow (-) @ bcm 40 pin green plug. Pin 16
If powered you should get it at the trunk rekease switch. Light green (-) @ switch green 8 pin plug pin 6
mpe235 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2015 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mpe235
jsigna wrote:
I think I need to tap into the lift gate button and that will fix me up.
Also FYI the yellow wire it for non powered lift gates. Light green is for powered.
From Jedi Master Ted:
If it's not a powered trunk release
Yellow (-) @ bcm 40 pin green plug. Pin 16
If powered you should get it at the trunk rekease switch. Light green (-) @ switch green 8 pin plug pin 6
That makes sense. Were you able to get the coil to read the key?
Nissan Master Tech.
jsigna 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2015 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsigna
My uncle is coming now I will fix the truck and attempt the wire coil around the coil on the board of the key.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic