the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 Corolla Japanese Made.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2015 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Second starter only on XRS model, IGNITIONS should be white and grey.
cherxiong 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2015 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
Now i have the diagnostic as 8 flash :the neutral safety shutdown. I have the neutral safety switch on the on position as of right now. Any suggestion?
cherxiong 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2015 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
my ony have one starter (a pair of two white wires)
Switch at ignition key : Pin 1: Ignition
Pin 2: Accessory ((A pair of Black wire)
Pin 3 Yellow ( 12 Volt constant)
Pin 6: Starter (A pair of white wires)
Pin 7: Ignition 2 (Gray)
Pin 4 and 8 are emptied
cherxiong 
Posted: March 15, 2015 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
I connected all the 12 V DC constant to the wire at dash fuse box
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2015 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
BLACK/ white on the H2 plug should be grounded.
cherxiong 
Posted: March 15, 2015 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
yes, it is properly grounded to a metal already.
cherxiong 
Posted: March 15, 2015 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cherxiong
It's the very first thing I did
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2015 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Way back on page 1, you listed a Yellow wire in Pin 3. None of the wiring guides that I have looked at list a Yellow wire.
Not saying there couldn't be one, but did you test your wires with a DMM for each of the functions? Starter, Ignition 1 & 2, Accessory, maybe a Starter 2.
I'm just saying none of your wire colors and positions match to any wiring guide I have looked at.
To determine where the vehicle was manufactured: 1st character of the VIN= "J" for Japan, "1", "4", or "5" for USA, and "2" for Canada. Sometimes referred to "NUMMI" (New United Motor Manufacturing) for vehicles made in USA, and "TMMC" (Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada) for vehicles made in Canada.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2015 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Smokie, I asked those questions back awhile. That's why I asked the OP to test.
I think OP is missing an ignition wire.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2015 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
4706    corolla
Pin 1   Red 12 volts constant
Pin 2   NOT USED
Pin 3   Pink/White      Green (Pin 4?)
Pin 4   Red 12 volts constant
Pin 5   Violet Black (Pin 8?)
Pin 6   Orange Gray (Pin 3?)
Pin 7   RED / White       12 Volt constant
Pin 8   Pink Brown (Pin 6?)
Based on the wiring guides, and granted they might not be correct, this is the way I see it being wired.
I concur Howie.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
Page of 19

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic