the12volt.com spacer
icon

Can't Save Presets/Time

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scotsman 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2015 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scotsman
Hey All,
Attaching a new stereo to the wiring harness of a previous aftermarket radio. The new stereo had all the same speaker wires and ground and power antenna (which I didn't need). It's B+ was yellow instead of red. Instead of a "Backup" wire, it had an "ACC" wire. That's it. The stereo works, but it loses power when the car is turned off so the presets won't save. I don't know what I've done wrong. Please help!
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2015 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerjames76

You did not list the model of the radio but IF it is using standard American wire colors:

Yellow on the new radio needs 12v constant power

Red needs switched accessory 12v power

Black needs a constant ground.

That is all that is required to make the radio turn on and keep memory. Obviously you need speaker wires to make sound but it sound like you have that part figured out.

Hope it helps!

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
scotsman 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2015 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scotsman
The radio is a PLRDD19UB, a cheaper model but it should have presets. Yellow is power, but red is marked ACC. I don't know if this is the same as accessory 12v power, but I attached it to the same wire the previous radio's "backup" (that's what it was marked) wire was attached to, and it does not save presets.
scotsman 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2015 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote scotsman
Nevermind. Red to red and yellow to yellow worked. I don't know why it didn't work before. Probably something stupid on my part. Thanks!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic