the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706v in 2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
themood12 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote themood12
Alright fellas, I know about the topics posted with pictorials and such, but would someone be so kind as to dumb it down for me and tell me exactly which wires connect to which wires. If a need for a relay or resistor is necessary, please include that info as well. I would also like to have the horn honk instead of using the siren. And for whatever reason, my 2 way remote keeps saying door open. This could be a programming issue.
Thanks in advance.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
use either bypass
http://fortin.ca/download/28831/evo-all_thar-chr5_(t-harness).rev-20150216.pdf
http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-CH5/ADS-AL(DL)-CH5-EN_20150108.pdf
following either guide will show you how to connect it properly. This vehicle requires minimal wiring.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
themood12 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote themood12
Sorry, Im a novice when it comes to this stuff. Was hoping someone could tell me
Violet to pink/white
White to WHITE/ green 1.1k resistor and relay
Etc...
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

As Ted mentioned, this is a fairly simple install when using a full featured bypass module.  You mentioned a Viper 5706 but nothing about the bypass module.

Anyway, here is a link to a basic R/S w/keyless ( no alarm ) install on your truck using a full featured bypass module from iDatalink  :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=130085

That should get you started and give you plenty to think about.  Next you could make up a wiring chart showing your connections.  Forum members could review this and provide feedback.

Soldering is fun!
themood12 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote themood12
I'm using a viper5706 And will wire it directly into the vehicle. Im not using a bypass module.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
That should be interesting.
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2015 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

What Mr. Smoke said x 2    Viper 5706v in 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 -- posted image.

Well, I guess your truck has a black ignition key ( gray key has transponder chip ) and no factory alarm system.

Prepare for a great learning experience.  Gonna learn about diodes, relays, resistors, soldering and testing circuits with a

Digital Multi Meter.  Most of the trucks I see have transponders so a full featured bypass module makes sense and saves a
bunch of time.  Yours is do-able the direct way but will take plenty of extra time. 

At a glance you will need two relays with the correct value resistors ( 180 & 610 ohms ) for the ignition circuit.  Look for

DEI Tech Tip 1084.

For the Parking Lights you will need another relay and the correct value resistor ( 1130 ohms ).  Look for DEI Tech Tip 1082.

For the one wire door lock system, you will need another couple of relays and two more resistors ( 820 and 330 ohm ) or just

buy a Directed 451M door lock module ( > $9 ).  It will come with the resistors plus many others that might come in handy
elsewhere on your project.

For the door trigger inputs, you will need four 1N4001 diodes, but you might as well get a dozen 1N4007's for this and use the

extra's on relay coil quenching ( here is a link for the relay learning process :  http://www.bcae1.com/relays.htm )

Probably need a few in-line ATC fuse holders and various size fuses for the additional circuits.

The search function is your friend.  The DEI Tech Tips are in the Downloads Section.  Unfortunately there is no cookbook

for this install using a Viper 5706, no transponder or alarm, going direct W2W.  Take your time, reseach, learn, plan, prep,
etc...

Soldering is fun!
themood12 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2015 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote themood12
Thank you guys. The unfortunate thing is that I took out my old alarm system and tried to connect it the same way, but it didn't work out. And yes, black key, no factory alarm, and manual locks.
kreg357 
Posted: March 31, 2015 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
No power locks = two less relays & resistors.  Viper 5706v in 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
themood12 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2015 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote themood12
Lol. Finally bit the bullet and took it to the pros and let them install it. They used a bypass module this time lol. The installer said man, we don't do it that way anymore. That's too much work. So it's all installed!! Thanks for the comments.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic