icon

How good are these 6x9s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jstearns 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2003 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  

I am thinking about getting pioneer 6X9 5way speakers.  They have a 400W peak, 80W RMS and have a sensitivity of 93dB.  The model is TS-A6990R 

I am just looking for what people think of these, or any suggestions.  Thanks

Powerslave0 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2003 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
They are good speakers, usually. Pioneer makes a good speaker. Is each one 400Watts peak, or the PAIR, which means 200W each. . . In any case, that's usually more than anough.
jstearns 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2003 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  
It is 400W peak for each speaker.  Any suggestions on what amp(s) i should be using to power 2 pairs of these (preferably Pioneer).
luxuryrules 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2003 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
I've owned an Alpine amp, a Sony Xplode series amp, and a Lanzar Vibe.  My favorite is the Lanzar.  For a pretty decent price (probably about $80US) you could probably get a two channel one that's about 100w rms per channel.  That should do the trick.
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/mobile-emotions/lanzarvibe.html this link has the Vibe series of amps.  You can take a look at them, specs & styles, though I'm not sure if they're the best prices or not.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2003 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
They are  middle class speakers , There is nothing that makes them stand out from the rest of the competinion in the same class. But what kind of sound and quality are you looking for? As far as the amp goes what is your budget?
jstearns 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2003 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
For sound quality i am looking for something that sounds nice, clear and crisp, it doesn't have to be on top of the heap but it does have to sound better than the norm.  So if you have any suggestions i would appreciate it. I don't really have a budget on a system but i don't really want to go much over $1000(US) on speakers amp(s) for them.
luxuryrules 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2003 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  

Looking for nice sounding speakers, I recco Alpines.  $200 for the type R 6x9's.  I didn't read your post closely enough earlier, but since you're getting two pairs that's $400.  Then find yourself a 100x4 rms at 4 Ohms amp.  Like I said, if you're looking at Lanzar, that would be the black Vibe 420.  Call that $120 and you have one hell of a system for $520.

To save some money, get Infinity Kappa 6x9's.  Go to www.justcarspeakers.com and the 3 ways are $150 per pair.  $300 for the speakers, $120 for the amp, total of $420.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic