the12volt.com spacer
icon

Installing Avital 2101L in 2006 Sonata

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pc35 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2015 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pc35
Has anyone installed an Avital 2101L in a 2006 Sonata? All I want to do is get the door lock/unlock to work. I don't have any Hyundai key fobs for this vehicle and it appeared to be cheaper to go this route. I have located all the wire sites on the ignition and sidekick panel. I have it wired but cannot get the door locks to work. The relays click in the Avital unit but nothing else. Hyundai uses an overly complicated, funky electrical system for these door locks. I thought about just ripping out all the Hyundai wiring and starting from scratch.
Does anyone know the wiring hookup, H1/1 to H1/18? I know some of these wires are not used. I am using Pin 2 and 3 on the 20-pin red connector located behind the sidekick panel.
I have seen some wire hookups for other Avital models but there wiring scheme is different from the 2101L.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2015 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
you can use diodes instead of relays.
you need H1,5,7,8,9,10 optional,11,12 optional ,13,15,18 optional for trunk,
h1 - constant 12v @ ignition harness or fusebox
h5- branch lock wire with 2 diodes (band towards unit) connect one to lock, other to factory alarm arm
h7/9/11-chassis ground in kick panel
h8-branch unlock wire with 2 diodes (band towards unit) connect one to unlock, other to unlock/lock detection wire
h10-parking light connection is optional, but why not its at the light switch (-)
h12-horn wire @ steering column also optional
h13-connect to factory alarm disarm
h15 - ignition wire @ tumbler
h18 -trunk release @ kick panel white (-) in brown plug
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
pc35 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2015 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pc35
Where do I find the factory alarm arm, unlock/lock detection wire, and factory alarm disarm? Are they somewhere behind the sidekick panel?
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2015 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
they should all be in the kick panel brown or red plug
Ted
Compustar Expert
pc35 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2015 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pc35
OK, I have identified all the wires except for the unlock/lock detection wire. I don't have a pinout for these plugs so I don't know the color of this wire. I have h5 going to pink/black (red connector) and yellow (brown connector) with diodes, and I have h8 going to yellow/black (red connector) and unlock/lock detection (??) with diodes.
tedmond 
Posted: April 23, 2015 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
your vehicle might not have a lock detection. I have only see it on select vehicles either Blue, brown, or BLACK/ orange. try to see if you can unlock the car with the avital without issues. Im sure the sonata doesn't use one, in which disarm and unlock will work for you.
you might need double pulse unlock if they don't unlock first press.
Ted
Compustar Expert

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic