remote start sudden overcrank & no door response

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
coho 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2015 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote coho
hi guys,
last winter i installed a compustar CM6200 into my 2007 Civic EX with a fortin evo-all for bypass
it functioned flawlessly from day one...until now?!?!
i like to use the compustar fob instead of the oem fob to lock and unlock my doors and i just went out to the car to grab something and i noticed the lock/unlock function wouldn't work. Weird. Tried the oem fob - everything functions as it should. The compustar fob also recognizes when the doors are opened (beeps).
what about the starter function? yup, it starts the vehicle no problem, but now all of a sudden it's overcranking...not grinding, just continuing to crank long after the vehicle has started.
haven't had any service work done by myself or others recently...
Any suggestions for efficiency's sake?
Thanks,
Coho
coho 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2015 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote coho
in hindsight i thought i should add that when attempting to lock/unlock the doors using the starter remote fob, the parking lights flash and the remote beeps & icon changes, but locks don't actually engage.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2015 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
how is the bypass connected to the 6200? d2d or w2w? looks like the compustar is fine, but the fortin might have lost its programming. I would reset the fortin and see if that works.
have you disconnected the battery recently?
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2015 at 3:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
X 2 with Ted, reprogram the Fortin unit.
coho 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2015 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote coho
hi ted & howie,
thanks for the feedback
doubly so for doing so so quickly
the fortin is connected via d2d
nope....no battery disconnection recently as i mentioned, no service work done.
I am at work now but i can double check the battery terminal and the ground for the battery to frame and the ground for the hood tilt switch and the starter & bypass itself.
i'll follow up when that's done.
is a quality bypass such as a fortin to lose programming a common thing? seems kind of.. ... .odd, no?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2015 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No, normally only if you have a drained or disconnected battery but there might have been an unexplained surge/spike. No real problems with DB-ALL, or Fortin on 06-12 Civics using D2D.
Until you do a UK r/h/drive version, we do indicators not lights so fun getting to rear of hazard switch and getting at the locks in the (cramped) kickwell area.
The plug with immob and data is a PITA, I've seen it both green and black on UK versions and the pastel colours are hard to identify, I go on pin number instead.
But those problems would have shown up on install, at this point just re-flash it.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2015 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
It's not the unit that looses the flash, rather a minor software glitch causing it to lockup. You can try to power cycle and see if that works, but worst case just reprogram the module.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
coho 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2015 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote coho
Hi Ted & Howie,
sorry for the delayed response, in spite of you guys being so quick & diligent to respond so quickly, of course I was busy getting my ass kicked having to go out of town and working long hours.
I finally got around to troubleshooting over the weekend.
All of the vehicle and remote start grounds checked out fine.
The bypass module firmware version was already fairly current (2nd newest beta)...i updated it to the newest beta (25.16) even though the only changes were pertinent to a different vehicle, i just updated it anyway..
reflashed the bypass module and "surprise, surprise" everything now works again as it should.
I am very very grateful for your advice to help me efficiently troubleshoot it to a a fix that is as "quick and easy" as it'll get. However, I am still concerned that I arrived at this situation to begin with...especially as all of the grounds were solid so i'm confident the issue wasn't due to a battery circuit disconnect.   
weird...
I guess i have to live with it but i'm not happy with it
coho 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2015 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote coho
hi guys
back again....
hahaha.... HAHAHA....haaaaaaaaa ..*sigh*
so dusting off cobwebs after reflashing the bypass module everything seemed to work... or at least, i seem to remember it working?! I haven't been using it because the prairie ice age had finally ended. But lately i've been wanting to use the remote start for cooling the cabin with A/C.
now the remote start won't start the vehicle again and i get the parking light flash code for "tach not set". So i set tach and i get the confirmation flash and everything seems good. But then it's as if it never happened - the remote start won't start the vehicle and when i press the "update status" button on the remote the exhaust icon flashes as if the vehicle is running (which i interpret as a tach set issue).
I did notice that if the vehicle is started with the key and running that I can toggle the remote start on and then remove the key and it will continue to run, but otherwise, "she no-go".
am i missing something or are we looking at a hardware failure?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2015 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Sounds like immobiliser by-pass failure, please re-flash to original programming and try again.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic