the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 pt cruiser power locks wont workStellar9750

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
racerx125 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2015 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerx125
Hi, I am having trouble installing the remote start and mainly the power door lock wires. Does anyone have some sort of info on this? My problem is that after installing the lock/unlock wires to the single WHITE/ green with resistors the locks still wont work. I couldn't find a 7.2k ohm resistor and I am not sure if i can do some resistors in series or something.
The alarm system is a Stellar STRS975r
racerx125 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2015 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerx125
I forgot the vehicle
Chrysler Pt Cruiser Base, Stellar STRS9750 alarm system
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2015 at 5:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
The current from the lock/unlock wires isn't enough to "get past" the resistor you probably need relays.
Unless this unit has built in relays, can you post an alarm diagram, never heard of it.
racerx125 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2015 at 5:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerx125
http://store.gaugemagazine.com/ProductImages/autoloc/manuals/RS5000-STRS9750.pdf
That is the Stellar alarm manual/install guide
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2015 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Set up the locks as diagram 2 NEG locking, relays shouldn't be required, built in relays.
racerx125 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2015 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerx125
I did wire the lock and unlock with resistors but couldn't understand about the Sender wire part. What exactly is the sender wire?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2015 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
? I can't see it.
racerx125 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2015 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerx125
In the manual is shows how to connect the wires to the lock switches for negative locks and there is shows a so called sender wire, that is the wire I don't understand. I also want to know if maybe the locks don't work because I installed resistors in series 1k ohm rather than 1 single resistor? Funny thing is that the same BROWN / blue sende rwire says it is also a constant (+) yes also a constant (-) that just blows my mind.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2015 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Ignore it it's the existing switch ground input. It's a constant NEG (-).
As long as your resistors are within 10% of the value, you should be OK.
BROWN / blue and BROWN / green to go to a good ground.
If you ground either GREEN / WHITE (lock) or blue/white (unlock) before the resisters and lock and unlock both work it's your alarm not outputting.
racerx125 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2015 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote racerx125
OK thanks ! I will try that and come back with the results to see what happens.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic