the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 3105 in a 2006 Silverado Extended Cab

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
duurmeehr 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2015 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote duurmeehr
Can anyone please help me with a couple quick questions on installing this alarm?
1) This alarm has a positive and a negative door trigger input. Do I have to hook them both up or either one? The wiring diagram I found on here says: Notes: On base model trucks, the door trigger wires are in the lt. blue plug at the BCM, pins B4 and A5 and are negative.
2) The dome supervision light from the alarm is negative, the wiring I found on here gives me a positive wire. Do I just reverse the polarity with a relay?
I can't find any additional information. Probably an easy question for an experienced installer.
duurmeehr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2015 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote duurmeehr
Or does anybody have access to the real installation manual the installers get that could get me a copy? All I got with it was the pin out diagram.
I think it is a Directed maybe 3X05.
I tried their website but it says I don't have access to that information.
mpe235 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2015 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mpe235
I think this is the manual for that.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDkQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.directeddealers.com%2Fmanuals%2Fig%2Fviper%2FN426V_07-04.pdf&ei=ebedVYS1L4yYgwTqgYKICg&usg=AFQjCNFsXVBeiC74R2ilder8Yq1A2hySXQ&sig2=H55AxtlCK1YAkg9pPP_JMQ
Nissan Master Tech.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2015 at 4:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Use the green only.
Yes relay to POS for domelight.
Out of interest does your dome light turn on if the vehicle is unlocked? If so you shouldn't need dome light supervision.
duurmeehr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2015 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote duurmeehr
Thanks a ton guys!
That is the correct manual.
This is my service truck and does not have power door locks. The dome light only turns on when the door is opened.
If the alarm functions without the dome light supervision I really don't have to have it.
I should know in a bit, I am almost done.
Thanks again for the help.
duurmeehr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2015 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote duurmeehr
Everything is working. Thanks.
I am going to order a couple actuators and relays and make this thing open my doors now soon as i find out if this 2006 Silverado uses cables or rods.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2015 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Sorry I'm late with this one, WHITE/ violet, H2/7 12V+ constant, BLACK/ white H1/9 to + dome supervision wire.
eighttrack 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2015 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eighttrack
Your 06 MIGHT use rods if it is like my 04, i have a base model truck but it is a fleet purchase of about 20 others that came with auto locks/windows from the factory.
Dunno if they used cables on vehicles without auto locks but from a cost stand point it might make sense to make all the locks actuate the same way (rods) then only add the electronic features if they are purchased.
Good luck I actually just had to go back over the installer's job on my truck so I was right where you were two weeks ago the fellas on here are a wealth of information and very knowledgeable about these trucks make sure you check the ohms resistance of your ignition and buy a resistor to match it when you do your relay, i believe this is necessary to work with the passlock ii
-8track
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2015 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Eighttrack your last line is irrelevant, Duurmeehr wasn't installing a remote start.
eighttrack 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2015 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eighttrack
howie ii, i do not have a remote start on my vehicle either, however i have a relay with an added resistor, i believe this is necessary to make the door locks work correctly by matching the resistance of the pass lock system.
To be honest im not sure why its there since i have a by pass module as well, (i didnt install the alarm but it stopped working so i had to look back over everything) maybe you can help explain why its there? I have a simple car alarm with no remote start provisions.
-8track
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic