the12volt.com spacer
icon

2002 IS300 with Viper 5706V remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
siopa0 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2015 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote siopa0
Hello all,
This may be a long shot but I thought I would ask the pros here. I did not install the system myself, I thought I was doing the right thing by taking it to a reputable shop and I'm hoping that they figure out this problem. But the tech department is closed and they won't be able to reach anyone over the holiday weekend. I'm hoping to gather some information to relay to the tech who installed my system. Apologies in advance for the long post.
Here is a description of the problem that I am having with remote start on my IS300. Keep in mind that this is intermittent and that on a rare occasion the system will work as intended.
Problem 1 - Cannot initiate remote start sequence:
  • The engine is running and starting the remote start sequence (foot on brake, lift hand brake, remove foot off brake, press any command button on remote within 20 seconds).
  • The car will not respond (parking lights flash 5 times to confirm MTS mode enabled)
  • The remote will buzz with an out of range error.
Problem 2 - After successfully executing remote start sequence, cannot arm the vehicle:
  • The engine is running and the system has confirmed MTS mode with 5 flashes of parking lights.
  • Removed key from ignition, exit the vehicle and shut door.
  • Press the ARM button on remote.
  • At this point the system will not arm, nor will the engine shut off. It has on occasion finally arm, shut the engine off and lock the doors. This can happen after about 5 minutes or never happen at all. I can repeatedly press the ARM button on the remote and it will reply back with an out of range error. It will sometimes arm itself as if there was a delay from pressing the ARM button.
Problem 3 - After successfully executing remote start sequence and successfully arming the vehicle with MTS mode enabled and starting the vehicle, I cannot disarm the vehicle.
  • MTS mode enabled
  • Start the vehicle with no problems using remote.
  • Press the DISARM button on remote.
  • Alarm will not disarm or unlock the doors. It shows the same symptoms as Problem 2.
All these errors seem to be related to the engine running. With the engine off, the system is 100% responsive to the remote commands. This eliminates the possibility of being a range issue or a remote issue. I can sit in my office arm, disarm, and check the temperature with no problems. I believe the system is running with the PKALL bypass as well.
siopa0 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2015 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote siopa0
Sorry forgot to add that this car is a Lexus.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2015 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Key sense not connected.
Tach not wired or programmed.
Immobiliser bypass not wired or working properly.
siopa0 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2015 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote siopa0
howie ll wrote:
Key sense not connected.
Tach not wired or programmed.
Immobiliser bypass not wired or working properly.
Thank you. I'll be sure to have the tech check all those items.
stanward 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2015 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stanward
I would change the remote start mode from Manual Trans to Automatic Trans.
I always hated how Clifford (and now Viper) does their manual trans remote start.
siopa0 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2015 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote siopa0
stanward wrote:
I would change the remote start mode from Manual Trans to Automatic Trans.
I always hated how Clifford (and now Viper) does their manual trans remote start.
I probably will do that after the installer gets all of this figured out. I can understand why Viper does this and I don't really mind it. But I hate the fact that if you need to get into your car for something, it will cancel the MTS mode so you can't remote start later unless you go through the whole sequence again.
Does anyone else have suggestions?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2015 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
First that will negate your insurance.
Second any suggestions of tampering as above will lock this post and it won't cure the original problems.
siopa0 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2015 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote siopa0
howie ll wrote:
First that will negate your insurance.
Second any suggestions of tampering as above will lock this post and it won't cure the original problems.
Sorry about that. I'll be sure to update you guys once I get this all figured out.
siopa0 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2015 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote siopa0
Just wanted to do a quick update on the situation. It looks like there was a problem with the main unit. They swapped it out and works perfectly now!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic