the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 Jeep Liberty Parking lights and R.A.P.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joey52685 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2015 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joey52685
So I just put in the DBALL2 with RSR firmware and it works great with the factory remote, the car starts with no problems. The manual that came with the DBALL2 indicates that the parking lights + are WHITE/ violet and the R.A.P. is purple and both are located in the driver kick panel. This link seems to confirm that: http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/2000-2002/Mitsubishi/Eclipse/1174.html (yes I know the URL doesn't match).
But there are only 2 harnesses behind the driver kick and none of the wires match. The notes on the second guide mention the TIPM in the engine bay but I don't see a solid purple or WHITE/ purple wire there either. I've gone through the headache of checking each one with a DMM and can't find one that outputs 12V+ when the parking lights are on. And I have no idea how to check for the R.A.P. wire, is it just the door sensor?
Any idea where I can find these wires on a 2011 Jeep Liberty. Any help would be much appreciated!
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2015 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
The PURPLE / White Parking light wire i believe is in the wire harness going to the rear of the vehicle and that Purple wire i think is also the door trigger wire coming from the drivers door harness coming inside the car .
triniforever
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2015 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
Sorry i meant WHITE/ Purple parking light wire
triniforever
joey52685 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2015 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joey52685
The wires running under the kick panel next to the driver seat? I'm pretty sure I pulled the tape off to look, but I'll double check in a bit. I'll report back when I do.
joey52685 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2015 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joey52685
Ok good news. The R.A.P. wire was right where you said it would be. So at least the radio turns off when the remote start turns off.
Still can't find the parking light wire. Would it be in the bundle of wires that runs under the floor mat? I wasn't able to get a good look at that since it's getting dark, I'll check again in the morning.
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2015 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
Go to readyremote.com and enter your vehicle make model and year for the parking light it gives you a pic of it and where to find it hope this helps
triniforever
joey52685 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2015 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joey52685
triniforever wrote:
Go to readyremote.com and enter your vehicle make model and year for the parking light it gives you a pic of it and where to find it hope this helps
Yes, actually that does help. I wish they would let me zoom out a bit though.
joey52685 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2015 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joey52685
Thanks for everything guys. I have everything hooked up and working great now!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic