the12volt.com spacer
icon

PKALL Programming Problem 2002 Honda Accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
billy_hack 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2015 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote billy_hack
Having a problem with my remote start installation on my 2002 Honda Accord. Using an Avital 4103 with a PKALL bypass. The problem I’m having is programming the PKALL. I’ve made the connections per the installation instructions for the Honda Accord. The directions say to hold the programming button and insert connectors 1, 2, and 3, in that order. It says to release the button when the LED turns on, making it sound like the LED turns on after connector 3 is inserted. However the LED comes on when the connector 1 inserted. Anyway, after releasing the button, the instructions say to “Press 1 time on the programming button. The LED turns OFF and turns ON” followed by “Press 1 more time on the Programming button and the LED will flash 1 time”. Problem is that when I press the button the 2nd time, the LED starts blinking on and off.
So, then I tried to go ahead and program the device, even though it didn’t seem to be behaving correctly. I turned the key and started the car. The LED indeed quickly flashed a number of times per the instructions (supposed to flash 10 times if the programming is successful, but it’s so fast that there’s no way for me to count). So here’s the kicker: after removing the key, I can successfully remotely start the car once, (just once). Thereafter, the starter will just crank and crank, but won’t start. The remote start works fine with the key in the ignition.
Anyone seen anything similar in using the PKALL? The unit had the latest firmware when I bought it but I flashed it anyway with no problems.
Billy
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,786
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2015 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Here is a link to the Fortin Key-OverRide-ALL install guide for your car :  http://fortin.ca/download/36961/honda_accord_9802.pdf

The bypass modules wire colors might be different but the pin location is the same as the PKALL.  Double check the wiring especially

the Relay 1a and Data connection, it should be on the vehicle side of the cut.  They don't say to start the engine, just turn the key to ON.

Soldering is fun!
billy_hack 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2015 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote billy_hack
kreg357, thanks for the information. I verified the connections against the Fortin data sheet you provided (which is pretty much the same as the one from Xpresskit) and everything checks out. I did the programming sequence, and as you suggested, only turned the key to the ignition position rather than start. I think the device is actually being programmed, because it flashes what appears to be about 10x at the end of the sequence, and then I can start the car with the remote system. The problem is, thereafter it doesn't work. The starter will crank and crank, but the engine won't turn over, I assume because the key data isn't being supplied by the PKALL.
I'm wondering if I have a defective PKALL.
Any other thoughts? Anyone?
Billy
billy_hack 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2015 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote billy_hack
Finally got it working. The thing that fixed it was changing the connection between the Remote Starter and the PKALL from D2D to W2W. Wish I would've tried that 2 days ago.
Billy

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic