the12volt.com spacer
icon

Romote start 2006 Sequoia

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevep9 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2015 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stevep9
I was reviewing my install notes.. yes I write everything down to refer to later if there's a problem. I chose not to connect the XK05 green wire to the status loght in the dash... does this have any effect on the factory alarm. I figured it was an option to flash the dash light to replicate an alarm, but now wonder if it controls the alarm somehow. Thoughts on any of the problems with the alarm?
stevep9 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2015 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stevep9
further update, the security light flashes until the key is put in. when remote start is activated, the blinking light occasionally stays blinking, even after the key is inserted and turned on. hope this helps diagnose this problen
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2015 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Just got back from a trip. Want to apologize for this mistake :

1 RED / BLACK (+) 12VDC CONSTANT           WHITE/ blue (25A)  +  @ ignition switch

2 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A not used
3 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX OUTPUT        BLACK/ red  +  @ ignition switch
4 RED (+) 12VDC CONSTANT INPUT WHITE/ red (25A)  +  @ ignition switch
5 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT      BLACK/ white  +  ignition switch
6 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT          pink  +  ignition switch
7 RED / WHITE (+) 12VDC CONSTANT INPUT WHITE/ blue (25A)  +  @ ignition switch
8 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT         BLACK/ red  +  @ ignition switch plus XK05 Blue

Somehow I listed the BLACK/ Red Ignition wire twice, with the Pink and Pink/White going to it.  Duh!  Sorry.  The Sequoia

does indeed have 2 Ignition wires and both need to be powered during a remote start.  So...
1 RED / BLACK (+) 12VDC CONSTANT           WHITE/ blue (25A)  +  @ ignition switch
2 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A not used
3 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX OUTPUT        BLACK / YELLOW  +  @ ignition switch
4 RED (+) 12VDC CONSTANT INPUT WHITE/ red (25A)  +  @ ignition switch
5 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT      BLACK/ white  +  ignition switch
6 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT          pink  +  ignition switch
7 RED / WHITE (+) 12VDC CONSTANT INPUT WHITE/ blue (25A)  +  @ ignition switch
8 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT         BLACK/ red  +  @ ignition switch plus XK05 Blue
Which you figured out with husker_fan's help.  Above is how the H3 thick wires should be.

I believe the XK05 instructions say the Security Light connection is somewhat optional.  If the Security Light does not

blink after a remote start and key take over, then no need to make this connection.  However if it does what is happening
with your light after key take over, then you should run that wire.

Soldering is fun!
stevep9 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2015 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stevep9
Tha KS for the update Kreg...I don't recall any of the factory alarm problems when I had the orange connected to the pink... moving it to the black yellow solved a problem, but appears to have possibly created the alarm issue... I'll reconnect thw orange to pink and move pink/white to BLACK / YELLOW and report back (Im a fan of sharing my results for others to see in the future)
stevep9 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2015 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stevep9
Ok, everything is hooked up including the XK05's green wire to the light/green security light wire, pin 16 on the 40 pin behind the insturment cluster. Now everything works at remote start on startup (radio, a/c cluster and such) My problem is the damn factory alarm keeps going off when I remote start. If I unlock and relock then start before 30 seconds (before the factory alarm rearms) then it'll start with no alarm..... how do I defeat the factory alarm on remote starting? Is there a way to program the 4706v to quickly unlock/start sequence/relock?
stevep9 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2015 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stevep9
I just was going over everything and noticed pin 14, green black factory disarm is not connected... of this needs to connect, where does it go
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2015 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Don't think a single .8 second Disarm pulse will do it.

The easy way to disarm the Factory Alarm system prior to a remote start is to connect the (-) 2nd Status wire to the Sequoia's Keysense wire.

Keysense     YELLOW /GREEN (-)      @ ignition key switch, white 2 pin plug, pin 2

If you are using it for the Defrost function, then...  ( on Compustar systems you can program multiple GWR outputs )

If the Viper allowed "Unlock before remote start and Lock after" you could do it that way, too. 

Soldering is fun!
stevep9 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2015 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stevep9
I think I got it... connected pin 23 (orange -200 ma accessory output) from the viper to the keysense. Any resonator this wasn't a good idea?
stevep9 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2015 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stevep9
Well, I ended up going with the blue/wite pink 2nd status output as I can't get the defroster to work without a bit writer anyhow.... since I don't have one, it's not really an option for me.... so far all seems to work right
stevep9 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2015 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stevep9
First off, I will say it here... I'm a boob... totally forgot I could program the 4706 via the control button. Once I figured that out, I got it buttoned up and working EXACTLY the way I wanted.
I connected the rear defroster output to the switched wire. I needed to program the output to latched to control the defroster properly.
To override the alarm, I connected the #1 pink/white (-)200ma Ignition/flex output to the keysense.
No more alarm on startup, I programmed the temp to show on my keyfob and the defroster works when I send the command.
If there is any problem with the way I hooked any of the latest up, please let me know
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic