the12volt.com spacer
icon

First time installing remote start. 93 accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
miscellaneous 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2015 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote miscellaneous
Okay so I went back out and wired it up exactly how you told me to but it would not start with the key. I left h3/7,8,2 disconnected as said. No start, it will not turn over. So I tried something different... I hooked the wires up exactly how you said but I this time I connected the h3/7 pink/white wire to BLACK/ white car side and the h/8 pink/black wire to BLACK/ white key side and I was able to start the car. You say these wires are not needed but it won't start without these two wires hooked up. What is going on here?
miscellaneous 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2015 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote miscellaneous
1.   All door triggers must be connected and working properly for the alarm system and more importantly for the R/S to
      monitor all the doors because of the manual transmission.
Does this include trunk trigger, hood pins and so on or just the doors? I've fixed this issue I believe. With the alarm armed each door that gets opened will trigger the alarm (front driver switch triggers alarm, front passenger switch triggers alarm, rear driver switch triggers alarm, rear passenger switch triggers alarm.)
2. You must set the Viper to Engine Checking = Tach. This is another requirement of the manual transmission install.
I performed this correctly I think. Start car within 5 seconds I press and hold the control center button and in 3 seconds the control unit blue led came on and stayed on and my parking lights flashed 1 time which the guide says 1 flash is learned through analog wire 2 flashes for interface module through d2d. Seem successful?
3. You must do a successful Viper Tach Learn to establish the proper Tach setting prior to attempting a remote start.
4. You must find a way to bypass the cars clutch interlock. This bypass will ONLY be during a remote start, not a permanent
     bypass. This is mandatory and a very important safety feature.
I'll do this once I get everything else figured out.
5. You must follow the Viper guides instructions for setting up / entering Reservation Mode to enable a remote start.
      This is a specific set of steps that are taken during shutdown to ensure a safe remote start up. They are listed in the guide.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2015 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Strange issue.

So right now you have the H3/4 Violet and H3/7 Pink/White connected to the car side of the cut BLACK/ White Starter wire

and H3/5 Green and H3/8 Pink/Black connected to the key side of the cut BLACK/ White wire?

If yes, try this.  Remove H3/4, H3/7, H3/5 and H3/8.  Reconnect the cut BLACK/ White Starter wire.  Program the Viper

Menu 3, Feature 8 to Option 3 and connect the H3/7 Pink/White wire to the reconnected BLACK/ White Starter wire.

You will lose the Starter Kill and Anti-Grind features of the Viper but the car will start normally with the key.  Next try setting

reservation mode and then a remote start.

BTW :  H2/9 Dark Blue should not be grounded.  It is not used for your application.

Also H3/2 must get connected to +12V constant.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2015 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

OK.  Points 1 - 3 are OK.  Point 4 can wait until later.  Just be aware that for now you must manually depress the clutch

pedal to get it to remote start.

Here is the info on Point 5:

Manual Transmission Start (MTS mode)

When installed into a manual transmission vehicle, the system requires
that the MTS mode is properly set when parking. If MTS mode is not
properly set or is defeated after being properly set the system will not
start the engine and the REMOTE START ERROR text and tones play as
an alert.
1. With the engine running, press the foot brake then set the parking
brake and leave the engine running. For Pit Stop or Turbo Timer
mode (to leave the engine running after arming) open the driver
door.
2. Release the foot brake. As long as the engine is running there is
no time limit to perform this step.
3. Within 20 seconds of foot brake release, press any command
button on the remote, after 20 seconds return to Step 2 (For Turbo
Timer Mode, press the optional dash mounted activation button
or send the Timer Mode command from the Advanced Start menu
screen).
4. The parking lights flash five times to confirm MTS mode enable
and the remote start activates the ignition outputs. The
REMOTE START ON text and beeps play to confirm.
5. Turn Off and remove the key from the ignition switch, the engine
remains running.
6. Exit the vehicle, close all the doors and arm the system.
7. The engine turns off and after a few seconds, the REMOTE START OFF
message plays to confirm. If the door is opened in Step 3 then
the engine continues to run.

Ideally, you should also monitor the Trunk trigger.  The Hood pin is an important safety feature for the remote start side of things besides being useful for the alarm.

Soldering is fun!
miscellaneous 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2015 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote miscellaneous
Okay I've just done what you said but how do I do reservation mode? I've looked through manuals but cannot find it.
miscellaneous 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2015 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote miscellaneous
1. Start the car
2. Press and hold brake
3. Pull ebrake
4. Open door
5. Release brake
6. Press any button
7. After 20 seconds go to step two (press brake and release ?)
This is not working.
miscellaneous 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2015 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote miscellaneous
Blah. Come to think of it... I have a neutral safety switch that hooks to the brain that I don't have hooked up. Doh! Calling it a night and see what happens tomorrow with that connected.
kreg357 
Posted: December 15, 2015 at 4:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

For Reservation mode to work a bunch of things have to happen and the Viper checks them via its' various inputs to verify.  That is why the Brake, EBrake, Door Triggers, etc, must all be connected and working properly. 

The Viper must see the cars Ignition circuit active through the H3/1 Pink wire.  The Viper must see the H2/20 Brake Input go to +12V and the H2/13 Neutral Safety Input coming from the EBrake go to (-).  Next the H2/20 Brake Input goes away as you release the Brake pedal.  When you next press any button on the Viper remote, the Viper knows that it is going into reservation Mode so it signals a confirmation and starts waiting to a few things happen.  The Viper will continue running the engine while you remove the ignition key and exit the car.  Obviously the transmission must be in neutral and you must release the clutch pedal to exit the car.  This confirms to the Viper that the car is indeed in neutral with the clutch up, the engine idling and no one in the car.  Once the last door is closed and you press the Lock / Arm button, it will lock the car, set the alarm and turn off the engine.  The Viper is now in full ready Reservation Mode.  At this point it will allow a remote start to happen ( you should still be sitting in the drivers seat to test this ).  Depress the clutch and press remote start...

Remember that reservation mode is canceled if you open a door.  This ensures that no one entered the car and  moved the shifter from neutral into gear.

Soldering is fun!
miscellaneous 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2015 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote miscellaneous
Okay I'm finally getting things done. I can successfully remote start now. I get in the car, start it, press brake pedal, pull ebrake, release brake pedal, press command, get key fob confirmation, remove key car stays running, open door, close it (i stay inside of car), hit lock command, doors lock and car shuts off, with me still inside the car I press and hold clutch (to bypass clutch switch), hit remote start button, car starts, unlock doors with fob, open door, close it, put key in ignition to run, hit brake pedal and brake shutdown confirms. Do I have to re do reservation mode every time for remote start to work because I can't get it to work again unless I set reservation again.
kreg357 
Posted: December 15, 2015 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes, on a manual transmission vehicle, Reservation Mode has to be set each time you shut down the vehicle if you want to remote start it the next time.  This is a mandatory safety procedure to ensure the vehicle is left in neutral and locked / armed the entire time it sat unused.  The Viper system has no way of telling directly if the transmission is in neutral from any vehicle sensors or body / engine / transmission computer signals.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic