the12volt.com spacer
icon

CM7200 with blade AL kept losing Trunk Release

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
clementlo 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2016 at 4:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote clementlo
Hi everyone, I need some help.
I got a 2013 Honda Accord, with Compustar CM7200 with Blade AL installed. I got this done last year. Everything working fine, but after about a month, I lost the Trunk Release function of my alarm. I will push the trunk release button, the alarm beeps; the LCD display trunk release, but the trunk won't opening. My Honda OEM Remote will still open the trunk with no issues. It is just my ComputerStar remote.
So I bring it back where I installed my Alarm. After 10 minutes, the guy came back say it is all fixed. I say how? He said all he did is flash the Blade AL with the software again and it worked. So that was 10 months ago! Today, same thing happen! My trunk won't open with the CompuStar Remote! My question is why is it kept doing this???
Is my Blade AL defective? Seem my warranty already over, so I bough my car to a place that I know pretty well. The guy offer me to hardware the trunk release instead going though the Blade AL.
Anyone had any ideas?
brownsfan1 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2016 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brownsfan1
Was the car running when the compustar remote wouldn't open the trunk? I can't remember if this is one of the Honda's that have this "issue". But when going through data the trunk release will NOT work when running. Only way around it is to hardwire to the motor wire.
clementlo 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2016 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote clementlo
No, the engine not running. Everything working fine for 10 months. The remote still detect when someone open the trunk. I will see that on the LCD display.
But now, I just can't open the trunk with the Compustar Remote anymore.
As I stated, last time they fixed this problem by redownload the firmware from the web and reflash it to the Blade AL. It did this again now.
brownsfan1 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2016 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brownsfan1
Sometimes things operating over data get "glitchy". I would have them hard wire it if it keeps happening and if everything else works fine. I have had some very odd things happen over data and it's almost impossible to figure out. Because you can't actually test it with a meter and see it glitch to fix it. Most of the time it all works fine and there is probably only a few out of thousands doing this. Also is there anything else aftermarket installed that is on the can bus system? Radio interface,performance chip, GPS tracking device that monitors vehicle diagnostics. Or the stupid insurance company driving habit monitors. I have seen ALL of these cause some remote start operation issues in newer vehicles that interface uses the can bus system.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2016 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
brownsfan1 wrote:
Sometimes things operating over data get "glitchy". I would have them hard wire it if it keeps happening and if everything else works fine. I have had some very odd things happen over data and it's almost impossible to figure out. Because you can't actually test it with a meter and see it glitch to fix it. Most of the time it all works fine and there is probably only a few out of thousands doing this. Also is there anything else aftermarket installed that is on the can bus system? Radio interface,performance chip, GPS tracking device that monitors vehicle diagnostics. Or the stupid insurance company driving habit monitors. I have seen ALL of these cause some remote start operation issues in newer vehicles that interface uses the can bus system.
I agree with brownsfan, have them hardwire the trunk. The other advantage of doing this will be having the ability to pop the trunk while the car is running.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic