the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706v shock sensor not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
01preludeblue 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2016 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 01preludeblue
I recently installed a Viper 5706v in my 01 Prelude and everything works fine except the shock and glass breakage sensor. I connected both sensors using the provided harness that came with the glass breakage sensor. The glass breakage sensor I set to the highest sensitivity by turning the knob clockwise all the way and I can't get the alarm to chirp or go off at all. Same thing with the shock sensor, sensitivity on highest setting and nothing will set it off. I have to smack the living hell out of my hood only to get a shock sensor message on my remote but no siren chirp or alarm going off. Any ideas what's wrong?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2016 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
IF you disconnect the glass breakage sensor does the shock sensor work normally. If so then you will need to power the glass breakage sensor with separate power and ground than that of the shock sensor.
01preludeblue 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2016 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 01preludeblue
No even without the glass breakage sensor it still does not work.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2016 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You may have over loaded Sensor Port 1 by using the Y cable, instead of hooking the glass break sensor to Sensor Port 2 by it's self. As this unit has current limitations to begin with. Especially when using the 508D Proximity Sensor which requires separate power and ground than that of the power from the sensor ports.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic